Author Topic: Sin Unsullied (Full version released!)  (Read 35506 times)

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
Re: Sin Unsullied
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2014, 02:52:31 PM »
@Roxaszu(man! Your name is hard to spell!) Here is fine ^.^ Thanks for finding a bug!
Right Then !
As you wish !
Prepare yourself for the list of Bugs ! (Owh, did I mentioned "A Bug" ?, Well , I think it's not)
Spoiler: show

Here we go :

Note : Sorry for being perfectionist ,
This is for your own goodness, So I make a little bit side story with paint, hopefully you don't mind :P

If you are ready, Please Proceed :
[Spoiler]
[Spoiler]

There are 5 places in this room, I edit it so It'll make less picture, And for the cupboard, It's everywhere that has same cupboard has same Bug

I don't know if this is a bug, but I like the idea putting your head in a tree :P

Hey, I'm not a reaper yet, I'm not even die yet, how come I lose my body !
Something like that :P

If you are planning to use map as Starter page, please put validation, so the character won't be going up or down, and please also disable the menu (You can save game in the main menu)

Can't move to left for this part and other part that look's like this.

He can walk on water !
Wait, what ? :whaaa?:

Did anything wrong you say Ali ?
Yeah, somethings wrong with that tree...

Ouch....
His head stuck I think....

And, yeah...
Till morning... :P
(And no one notice it....?)

So, yeah...
I'm not sure either He become a ninja and able to walk on the wall or he just jump and his head stuck there...
Hmmmmm :deepstuff:

Where am I ???

Yeah, He can stand on the table,
Hmmmmm..... :deepstuff:

He's really shy isn't he?

When the next day, If you go out from your house, and then go out to the exit on the south, when you go back to the house, there will be like this :

Note : I'm not sure if he thanks because Lee broke his leg or for what...
It's still mystery... :deepstuff:

Crazy moment in the kitchen part 1

Crazy moment in the kitchen part 2

Crazy moment in the kitchen part 3

And after that,
That person locked me up here,
I'm not quite sure how to go out... :P

[Spoiler](Just kidding, I can go out)

[/Spoiler]

Just a little bit of typo

Another Typo

And...
Another one...

Hey, He is hitting me !
Oh, Wait...
[Spoiler] I think this is not a bug :P

[/Spoiler]

Hopefully you are not stressed up with this, all of that just a minor bug though.
And When the word "5 days before ...."
and then I just go out from the game, I don't know either it's the end of the demo or what.

But anyway, So far, so good ;)
Keep it up ;)
[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 03:06:32 PM by Roxaszu »

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2014, 03:28:11 PM »
!!!!! Thank you so much! Holy crap! You're great at finding these o.o Mind if I send you test builds of the game every major milestone? It'd be great to have you helping me find all these! XD

Also, I love your comments on each picture :P I showed them to my friends who were over. We all had a good lol :P

-edit, also, yes, the demo ends at "five days until the world ends". Maybe I should put an extra textbox letting people know that's the end XD Or roll the credits or something :P

P.S. I'm trying to replicate the bug where Ali and Geofry are outside during the day. o.o I'm gonna try following your instructions. But holy fwoop. There's no way that should be possible!

- another edit

AHA, I misunderstood you. I thought I had to go back into the house a specific way. Wow. I can't believe I never tested going back down to the front yard XD I fixed it (and all the other bugs) now :3

I updated the download. It is sad that future players of the game won't know the joy of pot helmets though :P
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 04:39:35 PM by legacyblade »

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2014, 06:55:09 PM »
Wow wow wow!
A character with the same name as me!  :o   :') (happy tears)
And ouch by the way, my leg!  :P
Such a huge and beautiful mansion, it should have taken a lot of time!
I really liked the game so far, eagerly waiting for the next updates.  :)
And you have got the coolest bug report by Roxaszu. :P

If I may add some typos to Roxaszu's extensive report:
[spoiler]- Some sentences end without full stop.
- I think "..." needs space after.
- "All dad does these days is research that shell". Shouldn't it be researching?
- It seems that an unused space is before "I have yet to... ":

- Honestly, Boy, what future did you see with you and that girl?
Shouldn't those be "boy" and "yourself"?

I'm not English native, sorry if I'm misguiding you.

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2014, 07:27:53 PM »
Hey, glad you played it ^.^ I was trying to come up with what to name him, and then figured your name would be a fun little easter egg XD

And yeah, that mansion took me about two days (18 hour days) to map. I'm eternally greatful to pianos and little red tables :P they helped me fill in some of the empty spaces.

As for your bugs,
- not sure what you mean by ending without full stop. Care to elaborate? (I've heard people say "full stop key" before o.o what is that?)
- there is no rule about spaces after the ellipsis. It just comes down to personal preference. You just have to be consistent
- Naw, researching is incorrect. I'm not sure why, as I suddenly forgot the names of whatever tense I used in that sentence. But researching is present tense (which that sentence is not)
- This is another of those "you can do it either way" scenario. Yourself is technically correct there, but people generally don't speak english properly. So most people wouldn't put it as yourself when speaking. And when someone is using a noun in place of a name like that (such as boy, father, etc) i prefer to capitalize them

Thanks for commenting :D and I'm glad you enjoyed the game ^>^

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2014, 07:40:22 PM »
Hey, glad you played it ^.^ I was trying to come up with what to name him, and then figured your name would be a fun little easter egg XD
It was the best easter egg ever. XD

- not sure what you mean by ending without full stop. Care to elaborate? (I've heard people say "full stop key" before o.o what is that?)
I mean period as a punctuation mark (.). :)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2014, 08:16:59 PM »
Oh ok, lol. Can you quote the whole line where the periods are missing? It's hard to spot those in an event overview x.x

-edit

Update! I just edited the game so that if you hold Z or Shift, a green arrow will hover above your head and point where you're supposed to go. Some of my friends kept getting lost, so I added in the feature at their request.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 10:29:41 PM by legacyblade »

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2014, 01:48:45 PM »
!!!!! Thank you so much! Holy crap! You're great at finding these o.o Mind if I send you test builds of the game every major milestone? It'd be great to have you helping me find all these! XD
Ok for major milestone, but not everytime, ok. :P
Oh yeah, Btw that's not all,
If I tell every single bug, it'll about 30 or more I guess,
most of them are wall, Your character can attached to some wall, but I consider it as "Not a bug"

-edit, also, yes, the demo ends at "five days until the world ends". Maybe I should put an extra textbox letting people know that's the end XD Or roll the credits or something :P

Please do, That'll help with the confusion.

Oh yeah, My comment is not including the grammatical error (Since I'm not quite sure, ok)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 04:03:32 AM »
OMG OMG!!!

I FINISHED!!

There is still a lot of polishing I need to do tomorrow (spell checking) and then after the contest, but you can play the game from start to finish!!!!

Here's a link.  PLEASE try it out and tell me what you think. I want to kill as many bugs as possible before I submit it

http://legacyblade.com/downloads/SinUnsullied/SinUnsullied_B001.zip

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 08:47:55 AM »
PLEASE try it out and tell me what you think. I want to kill as many bugs as possible before I submit it

[Spoiler]Just kidding, I have found some bugs and what I think.
[Spoiler]
I think :
[Spoiler]Congrats on finishing the game, But you really change the button like z and x button, it took me a while at first to figure out what button you used, you might wanna add something to let people know the key on your keyboard for this game.
I even spent some minutes and have to push all the button in my keyboard when in the first battle to figure out how to attack (I just know how to jump), and how to go to menu, I think you seriously need to make something for the button things...

Bug(s) (I Think) :

[Spoiler]From the previous picture, You still forget to fix the tree outside the house, oh well  :fezesarecool:

I'm not quite sure why, but when you move in the middle of the house (Or some map in the house), the game will become "Lagging" somehow, I'm not sure if it's my computer or not.

After meeting Lee's father, The game just get a little bit "Red" until you at the garden and becoming a reaper, is it like that ?

Friends => You write it freinds at talking with fayte about ember (Facing left)

Just kidding, you don't have much of bugs I think for this one, From no 6-10 is just a joke :P
It's pretty good so far. And good luck with the contest ;)

[/Spoiler]

[/Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]

[/Spoiler]

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
Re: Sin Unsullied (Please test!)
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 11:42:44 AM »
I thought I fixed that tree bug D:

It's supposed to go all red like that. It's signifying that Lee is pissed :P

and freinds. I write that a lot *facepalm* good catch!

And as for the controls, I did mention them in the tutorial, as well as a few other places in the game. But I guess I should explain how to open the menu earlier lol. I explain that about half way through the game XD (it prompts you to save every important point before that) But if someone is complaining about not understanding the controls, that means I didn't do a good enough job explaining them :P

How do you think I should let people access a list of the controls?

As for the lag, yeah I noticed that. MY computer lags there, and it's a bit beastly. I have a couple things I can do to try and fix it, but blizzABS just doesn't seem to like big maps.

Glad you're enjoying it so far. And I enjoyed your bug reports for 6-10 XD Thanks for going through! I appreciate it.

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2014, 12:30:04 PM »
Congratulations!
Can't wait to try it when I get some free time :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 12:32:05 PM by Ali »

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2014, 04:46:44 PM »
When you do, please play the updated version!

http://legacyblade.com/downloads/SinUnsullied/SinUnsullied_B002.zip

Also, here's my submission page!

http://contest.rpgmakerweb.com/game/view/id/446

I'l love if you guys could comment there. Sin Unsullied is looking so lonely D:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:19:05 PM by legacyblade »

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2014, 11:49:05 PM »
And as for the controls, I did mention them in the tutorial, as well as a few other places in the game. But I guess I should explain how to open the menu earlier lol. I explain that about half way through the game XD (it prompts you to save every important point before that) But if someone is complaining about not understanding the controls, that means I didn't do a good enough job explaining them :P

How do you think I should let people access a list of the controls?

Doing step by step will make the player even easier to follow it (With picture of course).
Like this one :

[Spoiler]And yes, It was made with rpg maker VX

[/Spoiler]

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 12:44:29 AM »
You're cheating though :P Tutorials are way easier to do in a platformer like that. I have to weave mine in with the narrative, since that's the main part of the gameplay.

But I took your advice :3 I explained the menu earlier, and reiterated previous bits (also I chanced the "where to go" button to N. Don't know why I left it as Z when I switched to WSAD controls lol). Thanks for the feedback! If people are confused about the controls, it means you have to fix something!

But holy crap that looks pretty! Did you make the resources yourself? Also, are you using a script or events?

I'm planning on trying out VXA for my next game, if I can figure out a way to use RMXP styled graphics in it (tilesets).  Because my main beef with the VX series is the graphics. But I don't want to make all the graphics myself :P Want to use the RMXP RTP in it.

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2014, 01:17:35 AM »
You're cheating though :P Tutorials are way easier to do in a platformer like that. I have to weave mine in with the narrative, since that's the main part of the gameplay.

But I took your advice :3 I explained the menu earlier, and reiterated previous bits (also I chanced the "where to go" button to N. Don't know why I left it as Z when I switched to WSAD controls lol). Thanks for the feedback! If people are confused about the controls, it means you have to fix something!
Maybe like for example you show the picture at the right bottom that show you can move, It's pretty eye catching and really easy to understand that we can move, maybe like when you enter battle, You stop the battle for a while and then show picture for push what button for what.

Maybe something like that.
There's even a lot more way to make a tutorial in narrative way

But holy crap that looks pretty! Did you make the resources yourself? Also, are you using a script or events?

I'm planning on trying out VXA for my next game, if I can figure out a way to use RMXP styled graphics in it (tilesets).  Because my main beef with the VX series is the graphics. But I don't want to make all the graphics myself :P Want to use the RMXP RTP in it.

It's not me who make that, It's Estheone the one who made it.
And yes, he made that with RPG Maker VX, Fully Script (Almost non common events.)
And as for the resources, he take it from somewhere else, He didn't make the graphic by himself (But he did make the script himself)

And I don't know about VXA, but I'm using VX, so I can easily say (For VX) that you can use RMXP Styled graphic. and yes, you can also use RMXP RTP in it.

If you wanna try the game, It's free to download , just search at google for "Touhou wondering souls Rpg Maker VX Download", It's about 30 hours++ gameplay though (You've been warned).