Author Topic: Simple music attempt  (Read 2141 times)

Atlanis

• Tier 3
  • Oldschool Maker (rm2k)
Simple music attempt
« on: October 14, 2008, 05:34:08 PM »
Searching my Papers I found a Duett i wrote lately for Flute and Classical Guitar, well I started my Final Notepad and wrote the notes in there and after some tuning I packed it into a wav file and uploaded it.

So have fun listening to the composition, oh and by the way please do not use it without asking me^^

-----------REVAMPED--------------------

Gedanken(Duett for Flute and Guitar):
http://www.box.net/shared/renm4joygc

(No I wonŽt tell you the title)...(Arrangment and Edit for Flute/Violin and Trumpet):
http://www.box.net/shared/9hlqr7fmzs

Dunkle Freude(Quartett for Flute/Guitar/Violin/Cello):
http://www.box.net/shared/z6fipzbebu

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 04:15:55 PM by Atlanis »
Long Lives the rm2k!<br />Current Project: Badon Echnat et Moratum<br />Language: German<br />Maker: RPG-Maker 2000<br />Status: 20% (Scripting time:-D)

Sarkilas

• Tier 6
  • That guy
  • Current Mood: creative creative
Re: Simple music attempt
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 04:34:05 AM »
Due to the filesize my school network wouldn't let me download it. Retarded shit... -.-
Just as a recommendation, you might want to convert it into mp3 to reduce its filesize drastically.

Gonna listen when I get home.

Need scripting help? Toss me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
Also able to help with anything RMXP related. Please do not hesitate to ask.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 01:46:53 PM »
Downloading but ahhh, for future songs, don't ever save it as a .WAV. :P It's like 100 times bigger than a mp3. Download "Audacity" (google should lead to it) and convert it if there's no option of saving it as that.  :reivsmile:

Atlanis

• Tier 3
  • Oldschool Maker (rm2k)
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 06:03:34 PM »
kk^^ understood, will do it in the future^^
Long Lives the rm2k!<br />Current Project: Badon Echnat et Moratum<br />Language: German<br />Maker: RPG-Maker 2000<br />Status: 20% (Scripting time:-D)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 06:08:54 PM »
Argh, download got messed up. If ya could upload this one as mp3 that'd be great; right now it's like more than half the size of quintessence, heheh. I'll check back here later today and see if it's up, if not I'll slowly download the wav again. c:

Atlanis

• Tier 3
  • Oldschool Maker (rm2k)
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 06:45:05 PM »
Well here it comes as an MP3^^

http://rapidshare.de/files/40709506/Duett.mp3.html

Oh before I forget just made up a Variation for FLute, Violin and Trumpet of an Classical German Church Song:

http://rapidshare.de/files/40709553/Trio1.mp3.html
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 06:51:11 PM by Atlanis »

Sarkilas

• Tier 6
  • That guy
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 10:05:41 AM »
They're good. Definitely better than anything I could do.

Though, in the future, could you use something different than rapidshare for tunes like this? It's too much wait and effort to download 3 MB. Box.net is much faster either way, and doesn't require us to wait for a minute per download. Just a suggestion.

Need scripting help? Toss me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
Also able to help with anything RMXP related. Please do not hesitate to ask.

Atlanis

• Tier 3
  • Oldschool Maker (rm2k)
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 01:14:27 PM »

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 11:54:15 PM »
Oo, which sound library are you using? The phlute's sound sounds phamiliar - either GPO or EWQL I'm guessing?

These are actually pretty neat, especially phor an early attempt! :) You seem to have a good sense oph rhythm going on. The melody does sound awkward at parts though, mainly phor notes that weren't in the chord at the time to be included in the melody. Also, it's best to watch which note you end phrases on, as it can pheel unsatisphying when landing on awkward ones.

But yeah, dephinitely a cool attempt. c: Keep it up guy.

[Sorry about the "ph" thing; keyboard's still not phixed yet.]

Atlanis

• Tier 3
  • Oldschool Maker (rm2k)
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 06:16:01 PM »
After some time a small Quartett from me again. Not to mention, that you shouldnŽt use it without asking me. Notes are given out on Request.

Inspired by Some of my Poems:

Dunkle Freude:
http://www.box.net/shared/z6fipzbebu

Oh the First Post is revamped now with all 3 Songs put in it^^

To answer your question I am using Finale Notepad 2008 and some old Garritan version.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 06:19:48 PM by Atlanis »

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 07:49:38 PM »
Hahah, the beginning so sounds like it's a BGM for some kind of Asian film, where the camera zooms onto a misty mountain. :p
Good stuff, you're improving. As for criticisms, I think some of the concluding phrases don't have that "ending" feel to it (minus the ending of the file, since I'm guessing you want it to loop). There are a few chords in the scale where it feels satisfying to end a phrase at, you should get used to them in time. c:

And ah, I see. Yeah, I love the GPO flute - I think it's one of the best sampled flute VSTs around.

Atlanis

• Tier 3
  • Oldschool Maker (rm2k)
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 04:13:53 PM »
The first composition in the list "Gedanken" will be performed as part of a concert^^

K, ist just the Christmasconzert of my school, but its nice to have your own composition performed on stage, if I can IŽll try to get you guys the soundtrack :gothat!: