Author Topic: For River Piano performace  (Read 1386 times)

thecaraddict

• Tier 1
For River Piano performace
« on: March 08, 2014, 05:45:23 AM »
Hi,

I decided to perform the song we all love, For River

Hope you all like it, I dedicated a lot of time to make it as perfect as I could =D
Anyone else did perform any of the soundtracks? I would love to hear them

Anyways, here is mine:

https://soundcloud.com/brian-pace-1/to-river-to-the-moon-theme

~

• 放浪者
  • Tier 3
  • Beauty Hunter
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
Re: For River Piano performace
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 08:52:19 AM »
Do you take critique?

Anyway,
I can play Laura Shigihara's Everything's Alright pretty well (pretty "alright" if you will, hehe), but I can't sing! I need a cute girlfriend to do the duet with.
It's funny, when I transcribed some of my favourite pieces from the soundtrack, I found that a lot of it can't be done very well live by a single performer. This means that unless you want to re-arrange and heavily reduce them, the soundtrack requires a duet to play live. This is cool because a duet is like communicating between two people and communication is a pretty big part of To The Moon. I know that music means a lot to Kan, so I'm not sure if he planned and created it like this. I think I'm probably overthinking it, but I still think it's cool. Maybe I'm just not good at the piano and I need someone to make me look better (most likely).
- visitor | hunter

thecaraddict

• Tier 1
Re: For River Piano performace
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 12:27:40 PM »
I agree, a very good voice can really compliment a piano performance. A duet would be considered better because the piece would have a richer harmony, thus making it sound much better.

Well, I am trying to learn how to compose game music, so that someday I might do game soundtracks myself. I would rather put strings and piano together, they sound so nice in unison, but that is just my opinion.