Author Topic: Adacia: A Dream Long Forgotten  (Read 2508 times)

Jtitus116

• Tier 2
Adacia: A Dream Long Forgotten
« on: February 23, 2014, 10:22:56 AM »
I have been considering making this game for a while. Some friends of mine and I actually started making it and I was in charge if writing the story. Those friends ended up quitting the project and leaving me with all these story ideas and plans without being able to do anything with them. I really loved the story I was creating and it meant a lot to me an I don't want to just completely quit and leave it. Recently I decided to continue development of the game. I would include a summary of the story but none of it is set in stone and the parts that are would just be huge spoilers for anyone planning on playing it when I finish. So is there any game development software or music making/recording software you guys suggest?

Miss Nile

• レゲシブレイドが大好きです。
  • Tier 7
  • Miss of The Grand Nile; Founder of Snow Rose
    • Snow Rose Games
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Re: Adacia: A Dream Long Forgotten
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 02:13:31 PM »
You should definitely take a look at RPG Maker XP or RPG Maker VX for game development, though personally I prefer the first. Its graphics are more detailed and a lot more beautiful but if you'd like to take it easy since you're a beginner and all, go ahead with the latter. It's not so difficult to get the hang of them once you practice enough and you'll actually enjoy it a lot. ^^

Jtitus116

• Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 04:21:24 PM »
I have looked at the RPG makers. My system is a Windows 8 64-bit system. XP and VX both say they won't work with 64-bit systems and VX Ace will sork with 64-bit systems but it doesn't list Windows 8 for an oppetating system it is compatible with. I also need a program for music.

I feel like making this game is going to be hard, take a long time, and cost a lot of money; but this game means a lot to me in so mamy different ways and I can't just quit and leave it forever.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:23:36 PM by Jtitus116 »

Miss Nile

• レゲシブレイドが大好きです。
  • Tier 7
    • Snow Rose Games
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 04:52:56 PM »
Well then, give VX Ace a try-you never know what works unless you try it. ^^

There's also Game Maker but this is completely different from the RPG Makers. If you're aiming for a visual novel, you can try Ren'Py.

Jtitus116

• Tier 2
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 05:43:10 PM »
Thanks. Any recommendations for music software?

Miss Nile

• レゲシブレイドが大好きです。
  • Tier 7
    • Snow Rose Games
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 05:44:15 AM »
Ahh I know a couple-Finale is pretty good, and I think it's the one Reives uses. There's also another good one-Sibileus was the name, I believe. ^^

GamingPoint

• Tier 2
    • Gaming Point
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 06:01:12 AM »
First decide what type of game would be best for your story? Standard RPG? Strategy RPG? Text based game / Visual novel? 2D Side scroller? Puzzle game?

Check out my guide: Storytelling in Games

Jtitus116

• Tier 2
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 09:24:01 AM »
It is going to have a lot of elements of a visual novel but I really want to put a bit more gameplay in it. I am not exactly sure how I will put in more gameplay but I will see what I can do.