Author Topic: Memories Of The Moon - Music piece (Slight spoilers)  (Read 1536 times)

the8thark

• Tier 2
Memories Of The Moon - Music piece (Slight spoilers)
« on: February 12, 2015, 09:49:16 PM »
There is an old Duck Tales game for the NES.  Released around 1989 I guess.  And the most famous of it's 5 main stages is Scrooge on the Moon.  The music in this stage is something special for chiptune NES music.  Anyone who knows of this game knows the exact piece of music I refer to.

A few years ago I was browsing the internet for game music remixes and I found a remix of this above mentioned Moon stage music.  The remix creator titled it "Memories of the Moon".  To The Moon, as we all know is all about someone's last memory being of himself on the Moon.  He never actually goes to the Moon, but he thinks he has, and that makes him happy.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/tfhucfcu0om7j7b/Memories_of_the_Moon.mp3

This is a download of the remixed track.  I could not find a link to have it play in here so I just uploaded it to my mediafire account for everyone to listen.  I am sharing this for two reasons:
1. The remix (in my opinion) is amazingly done, different to the original chip tune version but still has a similar feel to it.
2. The title of the remix basically tells the entire story of To The Moon.
3. The track itself would actually slot into the To The Moon soundtrack and not sound out of place.  Yes this track is that good (in my opinion).

I did not make this remix, I only found it but I really liked it and wanted ti share it here as it and To The Moon have the same feeling.  If you disagree, that's fine, but it's out there for you all to listen to.

And if you know a better way for me to share the track, feel free to let me know.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
Re: Memories Of The Moon - Music piece (Slight spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 10:10:43 PM »
Omg, it's beautiful! :noahtear: I could imagine someone singing in this song.

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
  • Current Mood: alright alright
Re: Memories Of The Moon - Music piece (Slight spoilers)
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 11:59:49 PM »
Beautiful melody indeed, I could see it fitting as a credits song.  Too much reverse cymbal though.