Author Topic: You know what pisses me off...  (Read 15097 times)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: You know what pisses me off...
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2008, 01:24:58 AM »
@Siz:
Oooouuh.

*cricket cricket*

I don't know, but as you would've guessed I'm very much against those claims. :P But er, I'd have to take a moment and digest that post first, heheh.

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2008, 01:26:22 AM »
Okay I don't care what anyone thinks, in a way I guess you can say I'm being racist, I'm not voting for Obama cause he's black...I don't hate black people...But history speaks for itself, they aren't born leaders, theres never been a great country in history led by a African.

Besides that he's very inexperienced, I think the only reason he's getting votes is because he stands out for the reason he could be the first black president but the fact is he avoids big REAL questions, and the fact is he does play the race card alot. I do not like him, and I'd rather not risk my country for the fact of setting history.

Call me racist, flame me, I don't care it's how I feel. I don't hate black people but...I just can't vote for him.

:'( So if I went to be president you wouldn't vote for me? (I'm just kidding)
But truly some have been born leaders, and inexperienced yes but how will he get this experience if no one gives him a chance? Just a thought on my part.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2008, 01:28:18 AM »
@Sizzle's other post:
Okay I think I'm going to just ignore the first part of that post as I just don't feel like it deserves to be spent time on.

As for the others, I'm on the fence of whether to actively start talking about this as politics = drama (albeit not necessarily personal), and I don't know if I have the commitment for it at the moment.

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2008, 01:30:25 AM »
He needs to spend more time in the Senate...

As we're speaking of minorities, I think minority laws are bending the rule of equal rights.

Example is, if a white man applied for a job, and a Hispanic man applied for a job, if they had to many white people, they'd have to hire the Hispanic man, even if the white man was far more qualified. That my friends is a problem as far as equal rights go. If you think in detail of that you'd understand.
This quote will be legend

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2008, 01:33:10 AM »
I don't know, but as you would've guessed I'm very much against those claims. :P But er, I'd have to take a moment and digest that post first, heheh.

lol, Reives. Thumbs up.

As for Oprah, just because we don't agree with her, doesn't mean she's not a leader.

I think the military will be good for you Sizzle.
:'( So if I went to be president you wouldn't vote for me? (I'm just kidding)
But truly some have been born leaders, and inexperienced yes but how will he get this experience if no one gives him a chance? Just a thought on my part.

He's still rather young, he'll probably get another chance to run for president after he has more experience in the Senate. But he's only been in national politics for four years, and he's been running for president most of that time. He has a great personality, and he's very chrismatic, likeable, and he really does seem like a nice guy, but I just don't think this is his time. I'd be much less nervous about him as president when he's at least been around a little longer. Some things, you just have to meet certain qualifications, and learning on the job isn't gonna cut it.

@Sizzle again

Yeah, quotas make weird things happen. But, I dunno, if they help with inequality, I don't mind, we just need to be sure they're helping more than they're making people bitter.
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2008, 01:35:02 AM »
Hasn't equal rights always have been a problem since basically day one? No one has always had a chance at equal rights and unfortunaly I don't think it's going to get better as time goes on but I can't see into the future to tell.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2008, 01:38:06 AM »
I think I'll join in on the discussion somewhat. Although I wish this can be done via a teamspeak room with talking rather than typing cause my fingers are tired. :P
----
[As you might've guessed by now, I'm pretty much supporting Obama.]
Okay, so one thing at a time:
-John McCain's decisions and choices have seriously freaked me out. One of the things is inevitably and of course, arguably, the Palin pick. Now, prior to this he has always used experience as the main argument, yet it is suddenly thrown into the water with this pick of someone he has met twice in his life time, with the same if not less experience. And before any defenses of records get thrown about that, have you seen her interview a couple of weeks back? Just wow, it scares me that she's a heartbeat away from presidency. I'm glad that a woman is selected for the first time in the republican party for the position, but it's the substance here that matters. But ultimately, it reflected on McCain's decision-making as it was contradictory to the fundamentals of his prior argument.

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2008, 01:39:03 AM »
Because people complain and say based on there ethnic category, that they are behind others.

In today's day in time, that's not the case. Everyone in America has the equal chance to make something of themselves. There was an African American doctor, who was raised in the "ghetto" I forgot where, I think it was baltimore. But that man did well in school, even though it was a bad school, now he's a brain surgeon at John Hopkins hospital in Baltimore. He just received an award from the president not to long ago I forgot what for.

But the point is when it comes to getting a job, I believe your ethnic category should have no role what so ever in it. Just the persons overall level of qualification.

Edit:If you ask me I believe that is a huge bit of racism.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 01:40:35 AM by Sizzle »

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2008, 01:41:18 AM »
Because people complain and say based on there ethnic category, that they are behind others.

In today's day in time, that's not the case. Everyone in America has the equal chance to make something of themselves. There was an African American doctor, who was raised in the "ghetto" I forgot where, I think it was baltimore. But that man did well in school, even though it was a bad school, now he's a brain surgeon at John Hopkins hospital in Baltimore. He just received an award from the president not to long ago I forgot what for.

But the point is when it comes to getting a job, I believe your ethnic category should have no role what so ever in it. Just the persons overall level of qualification.

With that I can agree 100%, I just mean not everyone throughout history has had a chance because of the ignorant people of the world.

@Reives - Are you talking about that lady who is against Abortion?

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2008, 01:41:52 AM »
[Just a separate post on experience, will reply to the new posts in a bit]
For the experience factor - I'd argue that to an extent, judgment is actually on par with experience. Fore mostly, no presidential candidate can possibly have the knowledge of everything they need to know. And where do these (90%+ of) knowledge come from? Advisors, who are actually specialized with experiences in the fields. In the end of the day, you are presented with cases with all the info thrown at you no matter how much experience you have, and the job is the decisions that you create on the basis of what you receive.

And look at Dick Chenney; massive experience there, but not so much dough.

menti

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 5
  • Ça plane pour moi
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2008, 01:42:47 AM »
I am utterly sick of hearing about the US election, not that it is not important or anything, but seriously we hear about it all the time. It takes so much longer then Australian elections because you vote for the leader of each party, whereas we let the parties decide. I think that if Obama and McCain were running for an Australian election, Obama would win. However the US has a more varied population.

As to Hurricane Katrina: It happened in the most powerful country in the world, a place where we expect a natural disaster will get the best response from their own government. Hurricane Katrina killed 1,800, with 700 missing. The Sichuan earthquake killed 69,000, with 18,000 missing. And yet in terms of foreign aid, the US was offered about $854 million and China was offered only about $217 million.

Palin annoys me, what's with all the winking?

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2008, 01:44:38 AM »
^Hey, that's the case in Canada too with the party leader! *high fives* Australia + Canada =  :KPHH:

And a nod at the other parts of the post. Although I can't say anything about the winking, heheh.

------
Edit: Uh oh, politics discussion happening here! Run for your lives!  D:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 01:48:48 AM by Reives »

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2008, 01:48:47 AM »
Who is Palin...?

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2008, 01:49:31 AM »
@ Sizzle You deleted it?

Just as well, I suppose. I think you can look at generalizations to a degree. But you need to realize there will always b exceptions. ow black people not bein leaders I find false on its face, but lets say I gave you that. Does that mean that you don't vote for any black person, no matter what the post, no matter how qualified, and no matter how much he or she may break that mold of 'not a good leader.'

Also sometimes, there's a way of being more sensitive with the words you use. I don't think in that post you could've softened it at all, because it was such an outrageous generalization, but people will respect you more when you at least do your best to not offend them.

@Reives.
Okay Palin.
One could argue that she and Obama are about equal in experience. However, she has EXECUTIVE experience, as governor of a state, (a very large one, at that.) Also, she happens to be at the bottom of the ticket. While I would say that this perhaps weakens McCain's argument, it's actually kind of funny because McCain's running mate has roughly equal experience as Obama. I think he may even have picked her in part to draw attention to the irony.
So yeah, her interviews sucked, but she performed really well at the debate, and at least made up some of the ground she lost.

McCain's still in pretty good shape, anyway. :P

@Ruzu
i think thy can get better. It used to be a big deal to be Irish or Italian in the United States, but no one really thinks about that any more. I don't know how we fix it, but I think most people have the best intentions, and hopefully that counts for something.

@sizzle again
Yeah, I love stories like those! And I don't understand why more people don't see some of those programs as a little insulting.

Australia and Canada = parliamentary.

@Ruzu
McCain's running mate. Sarah Palin governor of Alaska.
PLEASE no abortion. I wouldn't be able to take it. This is stressful enough as is... :P

« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 01:51:31 AM by abigailian »
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2008, 01:49:43 AM »
If John Mccain win's she'll be his Vice president...