Author Topic: You know what pisses me off...  (Read 16684 times)

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
Re: You know what pisses me off...
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2008, 12:45:53 AM »
Idk, I've pretty much always loved politics.

for some reason it just pulled me in this time.

Duh, Obama's pretty much a phenomenon.
(Not that I'm voting for him, but, give credit where it's due.)
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2008, 12:48:47 AM »
Well not arguing that he isn't but only reason if I could and would vote I would vote for him is because of the recording my u.s. history teacher had shown the class and Mccain believes that war is neccessary which I don't really like D:. Though who ever gets in office wouldn't matter to me, but my family are all rooting for Obama.

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2008, 12:53:31 AM »
I'm not sure how it makes that much of a difference. It's not as if Obama has any plans to try and dissolve the military. He probably wouldn't end up getting us out of Iraq all that much sooner than McCain anyway.

I'm still trying to stake out my opinion on the military and wars, etc. Oh, the discussions I've had with my parents recently...

Do you get to vote yet? I'm so excited because this is my first election I get to vote in!
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2008, 12:57:23 AM »
Sucks to be 17  :P
Changing my mind from my last post also, I wouldn't vote period because I didn't watch enough of the debates between the two to get a clear indiciation of who is better for everyone.

Though I always enjoy democracy  ;)

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2008, 01:00:51 AM »
 :D
You know, you get all these stupid campaigns that are all 'GO VOTE,' and none of them are like 'GO GET INFORMED!' What the crap! What does it matter if you're voting, when for all you know you're voting some greedy unstable radical into office? That doesn't do anyone any good...

So, everyone here who can, go get informed, and then go vote.  :P

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 01:02:25 AM »
Wouldn't they get impeached though the president I mean, for being an idoit?

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2008, 01:05:27 AM »
Not necessarily. My point is, though, people need to be sure what they're voting for. Especially because sometimes a certain policy seems good on its face, but when you look deeper into it, it gets really messy.

For instance, even though minimum wage is supposed to help people earn a living wage, one of its (many) unintended consequences is it makes some people unhirable; they're just not worth that much money an hour.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2008, 01:06:47 AM »
Duh, Obama's pretty much a phenomenon.
Hm, it was more of a Hilary vs. Obama thing that drew me in initially, rather than just Obama whom I had no idea about.

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2008, 01:08:50 AM »
Oh, I guess being from Illinois maybe makes him a bigger deal, though there's some people who are scary wacky about him (a bunch of people jokingly calling him 'the Messiah,' or some such term, making fun of people who see him as some sort of, well Messiah, I guess.). But yeah, Obama/Clinton was pretty epic. I miss the primaries. That was good times.

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2008, 01:12:13 AM »
Oh, I guess being from Illinois maybe makes him a bigger deal, though there's some people who are scary wacky about him (a bunch of people jokingly calling him 'the Messiah,' or some such term, making fun of people who see him as some sort of, well Messiah, I guess.). But yeah, Obama/Clinton was pretty epic. I miss the primaries. That was good times.
The messiah...? That's exaggerating if true at all. Also people at my school says "Obama will be shot if he wins, he already has been shot at twice".

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2008, 01:15:47 AM »
Lol. You know, I've wondered about this hypothetical scenario: Suppose that someone did end up assassinate Obama (God forbid) and confesses that it was because he/she thought/learned from McCain ads that Obama was a terrorist who was going to become the president; would the McCain campaign be held responsible? What would happen? (Again, hypothetically assuming that the ads had that effect on some.)

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2008, 01:20:52 AM »
I suppose that would depend on what they said the McCain ads said. But that would still make them a criminal, and a doofus. (Who just believes any campaign ad they come across?) To my knowledge, the only official McCain comment that could be construed that way would be Sarah Palin's comment about him 'palling around with terrorists,' which, while an exaggeration, is still far from accusing him of being a terrorist. There have been a lot more issues convincing people that he's not Muslim I guess, but I've never heard the McCain campaign perpetuate that accusation, and someone would still have to be pretty ridiculous to conflate being a muslim with being a terrorist.

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2008, 01:21:43 AM »
--------------
Meh deleted it O_o nobody understands my view, your all focusing on me and not the subject on hand.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 01:33:42 AM by Sizzle »
This quote will be legend

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2008, 01:23:48 AM »
Well, what about Martin Luther King, Oprah, Harriet Tubman?

Over in Africa, they are in extreme poverty, and the white governments just kinda pulled out without leaving behind any stable government. And Barack Obama is definitely a leader, in that he's very charismatic. I'm not sure how you ome to a conclusion like that, but I do think you need to broaden your horizons, there.

Your second paragraph looks good to me, but I'm not quite sure how you can come to the conclusion that you could never vote for a black person, based on a stereotype you've constructed.

Sizzle

• Tier 7
  • TFP (Retired)
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2008, 01:24:50 AM »
Oprah is a racist, sexist pig. She's not a leader, she's a piece of human trash.
This quote will be legend