Author Topic: [Short Demo Avaliable] Goint  (Read 2522 times)

Noracto

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
[Short Demo Avaliable] Goint
« on: October 16, 2013, 12:50:39 AM »
Hey Guys

This is the result of an entire weeks worth of work...thats right AN ENTIRE WEEK!
I think you may need RMXP Installed in order to play it though...

http://rapidshare.com/share/944C6D1A7025D711800078743F195879

Click on this link then click "To Download"

I will change the Characters Sprites and possibly the Background music (when I get around to wrighting some :P) but for now they are what they are

The Game Is an RPG type game made using RPG Maker XP
The game is based on some of the ideas from some other games such as "Breath of Fire" and "Golden Sun" (Both on Gameboy Advance).

The demo doesn't have much in the way of battle scenes yet... but it is just a demo and I hope you can understand :)

And feedback is appreciated!

Good luck and Enjoy the Demo :)

« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 08:17:25 PM by Noracto »
A good game Has:
1. A good story
2. AWESOME Music

Raxus

• とてもかっこいいですよ!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Ignore the Hats! I don't have a problem!
    • Cupcakes So Sweet and Tasty~
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Re: [Short Demo Avaliable] Goint
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 04:58:24 PM »
When I get home I'll check it out and throw you some commentary!

Noracto

• Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 07:59:31 AM »
Thank Raxus that would be nice :P
A good game Has:
1. A good story
2. AWESOME Music

Miss Nile

• レゲシブレイドが大好きです。
  • Tier 7
  • Miss of The Grand Nile; Founder of Snow Rose
    • Snow Rose Games
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 02:09:22 PM »
Hi, Noracto.  :)

So I was lurking around the forums and I saw your post. Intrigued, I opened it, read it, downloaded it. So now I am going to tell you all I thought during that short process. :D

First off, the first thing I notice about any game topic is how the game is presented. As a player, I'd like a short synopsis of the game I'm about to download, to know what to expect, get an idea about the story, characters, what type of game it is (action, adventure, romance, horror...etc,) and most importantly, what game platform it is (RMXP, RMVX, RMrk2, etc.)

So you see, I am not asking you to tell me all about the game in a manner that spoils it for the gamer. :) Just a basic idea, introduction to what he's about to play. The basic template is,

Story, Characters, Screenshots, Credits (Optional) and of course, the Download button. :reivsmile:

It gives a professional look to the topic and attracts more people to download it than simply pass the topic by without ever hitting the download button. :)

Ok? Now, down to the game itself. ^^

Now first off, I couldn't get by the first cutscene because it gave me an error after that, something about 'Blackscreen' missing. XD So my input will be only on the first part.

A good game definitely needs a title screen. :) The default RMXP one isn't really that attractive so how about a custom one? Doesn't have to be anything too special. A nice image with the title and maybe a picture of something related to the game would do just great. ^^

There's a lot of room for improvement in the mapping. It's quite plain and empty. A good map needs action and life, you know? :) Like, this castle map. A castle is a beautiful building, surrounded by a nice garden. :) Try experimenting around with the castle tileset till you have the perfect castle building, then surround it with grass, trees, flowers...etc. Everything a castle garden has. Be creative. :) I suggest looking at others' maps for inspiration and for ideas about how the tilesets work, or you could use some tutorials as well.

Dialogues: You definitely need to watch out your grammar, spelling and more importantly, the punctuation. :) You may not think it's quite important but a professional game is different from an amateur's in looking out for this point.

I also suggest using a message script for more beautiful dialogues. It allows more realistic effects as well. :)

Hmm that's all I've got to say, I think. You need more effort in this but I think you'll do great with practice. Keep going and don't give up, and you'll have a great game in the end. ^^
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 02:14:54 PM by Miss Nile »

Noracto

• Tier 2
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 08:02:03 PM »
Thanks Miss Nile :)

I figured out what the "Black screen error" was and I should have fixed that now :P

The Background for the opening sceen was a bit tricky simply because I need to make my own Tileset to get the look that I want to put there :)

I will work on a title for the game :)

And also I will edit my post to show you what the game is about :D

Thanks again for your feedback... the game is a working progress and hopefully (Eventually) will look quite amazing :)
A good game Has:
1. A good story
2. AWESOME Music

Miss Nile

• レゲシブレイドが大好きです。
  • Tier 7
  • Miss of The Grand Nile; Founder of Snow Rose
    • Snow Rose Games
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 07:13:54 AM »
No problem. :) I understand the game is still in progress but I thought I should point out what I thought could be improved. I am sure you'll do a great job at it and there's always more to learn. Good luck. :)