Author Topic: Are politicians really just big children?  (Read 1769 times)

Will the Wiccan

• Tier 2
  • Will is a Wiccan now
  • Current Mood: blank blank
Are politicians really just big children?
« on: September 04, 2013, 05:55:51 AM »
I ask this question because I see politicians always discrediting their opponents and never discussing issues or policies on advertisements.
They seem to say 'choose me' and 'the other guys did this'. In the end it just seems like they want to be Prime minister/President/Monarch/Dictator/etc. because everyone else is.
I need more opinions.

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Are politicians really just big children?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 06:03:03 AM »
I ask this question because I see politicians always discrediting their opponents and never discussing issues or policies on advertisements.
They seem to say 'choose me' and 'the other guys did this'. In the end it just seems like they want to be Prime minister/President/Monarch/Dictator/etc. because everyone else is.
I need more opinions.

That's their only goal. They don't really care about their people as much as we think. They mostly just care about power, that's what everything revolves around in the end, power. But not all politions are like that, just most. They will do anything for power, they will belittle their opponent, spend lots of money, make false promises etc.

I agree that they are mostly acting like children fighting for the attention of their friends.
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Dr. Zooks McCoy

• Tier 7
  • Dr. Rodney McKay's female sidekick
    • Soundcloud
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 01:40:52 AM »
Aren't we all just big children? XD
There's some saying somewhere or something that says something sorta (alliteration!) like, the only people who are fit to lead are the ones who don't want to. Politicians obviously want to, so that's why they try so hard to gain support and slander their opponents. Whether or not they're fit to lead is another question, but I generally agree with PoisonR-- I mean, EgotisticalRaven. :D It's mostly a power grab, though not all of them are like that. But if you look at everyday society, you won't see much better - just less large-scale international drama. :P

But if you're only talking about what they do during election season, then yeah, you're right. XD The biggest problem is that genuine good leaders are too busy actually doing good things, so they usually don't get enough attention to make a blip on the radar, while the power-grabby people are more concerned with their approval ratings. :P

SinnyVic

• Tier 4
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 03:05:17 PM »
Well, political careers involve constant public exposure. And, they are prominent jobs after all.

Reminds me of GGG. Gold, glory, & god... Something like that. 【・_・?】