Author Topic: Hello, guys, a new one is here^^  (Read 1495 times)

TheAkimasu

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Hello, guys, a new one is here^^
« on: August 10, 2013, 05:29:00 AM »
Hi, im David, 15 years old and from Germany.

When I heard from many people how awesome To The Moon is, I got excited and wondered who the developers are. Then I found this site and noticed the freeware games and decided to try out The Mirror Lied. I was totally amazed by the mysteriousness and music of this game.
I'm playing Quintessence for a few hours now and am thrilled by the music and the atmosphere so far. Especially the music. I am a musician myself and want to study flim/video game music and think that music is a core aspect of games, especially of those, who have their focus in story and atmosphere.
I'm very glad that there is a forum like this, where I can share my experience with other people, who are excited about freebirdgames, as well as getting experience.

I hope we all get along
TheAkimasu

Some people say a picture is worth a thousand words.
I say music is worth a thousand pictures.

"His life was taken by the revenge of the ones who are dearest to him -
Poisoned by his closest relative,
betrayed by his best friend,
stabbed by his greatest admirer"
"Das Drachentor" (The gate of the dragons) by Jenny-Mai Nuyen

Question Mark

• 疑問符の人
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
Re: Hello, guys, a new one is here^^
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 06:46:50 AM »

I'm playing Quintessence for a few hours now and am thrilled by the music and the atmosphere so far. Especially the music. I am a musician myself and want to study flim/video game music and think that music is a core aspect of games, especially of those, who have their focus in story and atmosphere.
Does this mean you'll be posting cover videos sometime later?  :mimihat:

TheAkimasu

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 07:01:02 AM »
Well, maybe^^ But to be honest, I am currently very busy with school, music lessons and extra music lessons (and extra music lessons), so I'm glad that I find some time to play games by the way.
I forgot to mention in what way I am a musician. I play the piano and cello since I'm 5 years old and started learning the guitar by myself for 4 years. I spent most of my time (taking school out) with music and video games (I do tennis though, so that you don't think I'm a fat nerd, who doesn't go out. Nothing wrong with being a fat nerd though ;)).

To get to the point, I would really want to do cover videos, but currently I don't find the time for it. But when I do (maybe when I have holiday), I will definetly post it.
Some people say a picture is worth a thousand words.
I say music is worth a thousand pictures.

"His life was taken by the revenge of the ones who are dearest to him -
Poisoned by his closest relative,
betrayed by his best friend,
stabbed by his greatest admirer"
"Das Drachentor" (The gate of the dragons) by Jenny-Mai Nuyen

Dr. Zooks McCoy

• Tier 7
  • Dr. Rodney McKay's female sidekick
    • Soundcloud
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 01:32:08 PM »
Another pianist! (giggity) Aside from Kan (head honcho pianist, singer and game dev), Mr. Merlandese is also a pianist. Tumbles, Neurotoxin (also from Germany!) and Ferdk are guitarists. I am a singer and electronic musician. There's a lot of musicians here, and those who don't musician stuff create other things. Like art or vidya games. You'll fit right in! :) Welcome!