Author Topic: The Red Flash (spoiler alert)  (Read 30700 times)

Spongexbobify

Re: The Red Flash (spoiler alert)
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2012, 09:12:43 AM »
brb, gonna go write some TtM creepypasta.. trololololo- *shot*
*grabs you by the collar* :stare: I had enough creepypasta and horror related games for the last 24 hours, so if you go and do that, I'll finally snap and go psychotic -cuss- on your  -cuss- *holds up gun*
U-Uh.. Okay then.. I'll pass on the creepypasta ^^; (By the way, were you the one who wrote that TtM fic, Late Night Scare, I think it was called?.. Can I just say how much I love that it's awesome <3 )

kikikai

• Tier 5
  • *staaaaaaaaaaaaaaares*
  • Current Mood: doubtful doubtful
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2012, 09:16:14 AM »
U-Uh.. Okay then.. I'll pass on the creepypasta ^^; (By the way, were you the one who wrote that TtM fic, Late Night Scare, I think it was called?.. Can I just say how much I love that it's awesome <3 )
:) *drops gun* Yeah, sorry about that, but creepypasta really scared me, adding To the Moon in would just make me go crazy :)
Yeah, that's me... :blush:

Spongexbobify

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2012, 09:30:10 AM »
:) *drops gun* Yeah, sorry about that, but creepypasta really scared me, adding To the Moon in would just make me go crazy :)
Yeah, that's me... :blush:
I know the feeling.. I spent many a night in the summer wide awake and trembling from all the Pokémon ones.. I'm wiser now though. Now when I get curious about one I just send it to my friend and get him to tell me what it's like~

*hugs* That story was perfect <3

kikikai

• Tier 5
  • *staaaaaaaaaaaaaaares*
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2012, 09:32:48 AM »
I know the feeling.. I spent many a night in the summer wide awake and trembling from all the Pokémon ones.. I'm wiser now though. Now when I get curious about one I just send it to my friend and get him to tell me what it's like~

E-Ek?  :blush: ...No, it's not really...I'm trying to work on one better *coughbodyswappingcoughcough*

Spongexbobify

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2012, 09:37:41 AM »

E-Ek?  :blush: ...No, it's not really...I'm trying to work on one better *coughbodyswappingcoughcough*
Really? :D I bet it'll be awesome! :')

kikikai

• Tier 5
  • *staaaaaaaaaaaaaaares*
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2012, 09:40:27 AM »
I hope so ^_^; The first chapter might be out this year, so be patient please :)

Spongexbobify

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2012, 09:48:56 AM »
I hope so ^_^; The first chapter might be out this year, so be patient please :)
I'll try~ haha I'm excited for this :')

Tumbles

• 海が私の心です。
  • Tier 7
  • I am who I am, but not yet.
    • Big Palooka
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2012, 07:02:12 PM »

I bet all my picarats against this. XD

Spoiler: show

~

nsnro

• Tier 1
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2013, 06:53:05 AM »
Don't know if anyone ever thought about this theory. It's just another 'It's everything in Neils' head theory'.

Well... The pain killers could be explained by saying that he was dying of a terminal illness, which would fit for the next few theories of mine. He was dying, and as he approached death, he called Sigmund Corp and told them to come and fulfill his last wish: Perform a good deed (Since he always seemed to be a douche)

This would explain why suddenly at the end of the game, the roles changed and Eva became the bad one and he the good one. The red flash would suggest that his condition was getting worse, and that he was approaching death.

The fact that Eva still considered the two squirrels a 'deja vu' only suggests that in fact, Eva wasn't the doctor who was changing Neil's memories, but there were a few other doctors. We know that they are mostly invisible - we know they can pause everything around them. From the players point of view, which happens to be Neil and Eva's point of view, nothing would've been noticed. The pauses wouldn't occur to them as they weren't shown - It was just like a blackout. Everything resumed like it was instantly (Which, in this case was) and life goes on.

The thing is - They didn't succeed. Neil still didn't perform his 'good deed'. He tried, but failed. The sequel will focus on another of their cases, with Neil probably ending up trying to do the right thing while Eva focuses on doing the wrong thing, despite their personalities...

gonzibus

• Tier 1
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2013, 10:15:06 AM »
First post here.
I honestly believe that the red flash at the ending is just Neil feeling pain. I'm not for the "addiction" theory, I believe that Neil is actually ill, a fatal condition probably, and, if the saga continues, Neil will be the patient of one (the last?) episode.
What will his final wish be?
I have a theory for this, although it may sound a little stretched out.
Eva and Neil are a divorced couple.
There are a couple clues that may suggest this scenario. First, Eva's reactions at John's weeding ("I don't really want to watch people make mistakes"), which is against, as Neil notes, her belief of "you gotta value the moment, in spite of the consequences" (I don't remember the exact words). Second, the reactions of the two doctors while John is awkardly asking out River at the school ("you, of all people, should relate"). Plus, in the first half of the game, there is obviously some frictions between them. Plus a minor few clues.
My opinion is that Neil, somehow, screwed up their marriage, even if it's evident by the end that there's still some affection between them.
So, his dying wish might be that he wanted to repair what he did, and live happily with Eva, even if it's only in his memories. Eva herself can be the doctor changing his memories.
What do you guys think?
Sorry for my english

Ponderer

• Tier 2
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2013, 04:16:31 AM »
Hey all!  Adding my first post here as well.

Firstly, the red flash.  I personally think it could be any pain, jarring sensation or disturbance.  So I don't see it as proof of being in someones mind.  I do want to say though, have you ever recorded and paused the 'second Neil' scene as the rocket is rising into the air?

Look closely, there appears to be someone in front of that second Neil, perhaps a child.  I didn't come to theorize on it, just to invite that it is there, look in the neck area, you can compare it to the Neil above.  There's someone (or perhaps something) in front of the second Neil.  Now, at the very end of that scene, you'll notice a blip, and the two of them up on the ledge flash.  This is seemingly in response to a motion that the Neil on top makes.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 06:47:07 AM by Ponderer »

Dr. Zooks McCoy

• Tier 7
  • Dr. Rodney McKay's female sidekick
    • Soundcloud
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2013, 12:04:16 PM »
We're STILL talking about the red flash? XD

Unimaginative Username

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2013, 12:52:02 PM »
Neil took the red pill. Hence the colour of the flash.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 06:20:45 PM by The-PurpleOrange »

Judedeath

• ~Insert Japanese things here~
  • Tier 7
  • JOHN-PEE-AIR!
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2013, 05:35:29 PM »
We're STILL talking about the red flash? XD
Hey just be glad we've pretty much killed and buried that one I created.
Old River was as dead as a doornail, this must be distinctly understood or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am about to relate.

Keth

• Tier 1
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2013, 03:16:05 PM »
First post ^^ Nice to meet you all.  :)

I finished the game some days ago and I can’t get this scene out of my mind. Probably someone suggested this possibility already, as I think it’s kinda obvious, but I would totally love to experience this kind of story in the last game of the series (yes, I’m sick, I know that). 

So, first of all, I think that the red light is a way to reflect Neil’s pain, that’s why he takes the painkillers. That pain is caused by a fatal illness, but he doesn’t want to tell Eva anything. As the series progress, their relationship will become more… intimate and they will, eventually, become a couple. In the last episode, though, his condition will take a turn for the worse, and he’ll be unable to hide it any longer.

In his deathbed, he would ask for Eva’s help to fulfill his wish… to experience a future with her by his side. I can only imagine how emotionally powerful the images will be, seeing Eva creating this kind of future … while knowing that it would never be true.
I think is the kind of bittersweet ending that would honor the ending of the first episode.

(Sorry for any mistakes, english is not my language  :reivsweat: )