Author Topic: Important: Your opinion needed.  (Read 3635 times)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Important: Your opinion needed.
« on: November 10, 2007, 12:38:19 PM »
As you know, Quintessence's character face are created with Face Maker 3.1. While its use was not shunned on in this particular case like many, I still do feel that things would benefit from more originality. :>

Recently I stumbled across this artist for hire:
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31750

Please see the last two examples she posted. The style is somewhat similar to the current version.

I am tempted to give it a try - But what do you think? If this were to be done, the new faces will be referenced from the old faces, so everyone should still be recognizable. But real originality would be given to the characters, and I feel that it is important.

Please give me your opinions on this, it would be really appreciated! :)

Aeon

• Tier 2
  • aka: dantemibu
Re: Important: Your opinion needed.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 01:10:35 PM »
I think shes really good!, It's your decision though, but if it ain't alot.. I'd take up on the offer.

Freebird Games

• Administrator
  • Tier 7
  • Reives is my servant.
    • Freebird Games {Quintessence - TBV, The Mirror Lied, Do You Remember My Lullaby}
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 11:10:53 PM »
After some thought, I've decided to hold off on it until all the chapters are completed. Because I wouldn't know when I'd need more faces, and if she's not around anymore at that time, I'm stuck with a bunch of faces and no one to continue the style.

But really, her deal is probably the best bundle of low cost + quality I've seen in a while. I hope she'll be around in some months. :x

Dynamo

• Tier 2
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 07:44:29 PM »
i think the style you are using is fine :)  the art that the person in the link does is spectacular, though you should save your money and work with what you have for now.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 09:05:03 PM »
Aye, I am personally okay with the FM graphics used at the moment; and while FM-use is generally looked down upon in the RM community, Quintessence itself hasn't received any complaints about its usage from those who have played it. But still, if I were to do something like this, it'd mainly for originality. :>

Luckily changing face sets is as easy as replacing old files with new files of the same name, so that can be done in the final touch-up stage if needed.

optioned

• Tier 3
  • Call me Lord_Bones
    • YouTube Channel
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 06:12:45 PM »
wowza, that's cheap for quialty.

I don't reli know if you will go for it, but i am!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 08:39:09 AM by optioned »