Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 9698 times)

Unimaginative Username

Re: Xbox One
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2013, 01:57:58 PM »
All I'm saying is they took the right step, if they're thinking about not making people hate them even more.

Only because being hated is bad for business.

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2013, 04:05:32 AM »
That goes without saying. If being hated was good for business, I'm sure Sony and Nintendo would try it too.

Zeriab

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 03:45:48 PM »
I don't think it would be impossible to have cloud gaming (or whatever) that would not require 24 hours internet connection. Steam works offline as well you dork... -.-

A connection to wherever cloud gaming is processed is by its very nature a requirement.
Trying to play it offline is comparable to trying to play an MMORPG without an internet connection.
In case you wondering what exactly cloud gaming is I suggest you look at OnLive

atommo

• Tier 7
  • Awesomeness :D
  • Current Mood: cool cool
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2013, 03:53:14 PM »
Having seen the post above, I thought I should clarify that Steam is not cloud gaming. Cloud gaming involves a machine in a remote destination processing everything and sending that data to your computer. Steam works by you buying a game, and Steam downloading that game onto your computer, so you can play any game you've downloaded from there offline, but OnLive is cloud gaming so it wouldn't work offline.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
The sentence below is false
The sentence above is true

Judedeath

• ~Insert Japanese things here~
  • Tier 7
  • JOHN-PEE-AIR!
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2013, 11:40:53 PM »
No atommo you are correct, Steam has Cloud SAVES and things like that, which keeps your saves and settings in it's servers to make it easy to switch computers and the like, but this is not Cloud GAMING, Cloud Gaming is a situation where all the processing and the like is done somewhere else, with you getting a video streamed to you.

It's pretty much you on your computer presses the space bar, this command is sent through the internet to this other computer that is running your game, the other computer receives the space bar button press and the character jumps, the video on this computer is streamed back to your computer, you see the character jump. Because of this reliance on offsite computers it is literally impossible to play a true cloud game offline.
Old River was as dead as a doornail, this must be distinctly understood or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am about to relate.

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2013, 06:04:40 AM »
I don't think it would be impossible to have cloud gaming (or whatever) that would not require 24 hours internet connection. Steam works offline as well you dork... -.-

A connection to wherever cloud gaming is processed is by its very nature a requirement.
Trying to play it offline is comparable to trying to play an MMORPG without an internet connection.
In case you wondering what exactly cloud gaming is I suggest you look at OnLive

Bad example. My point was that why there should be a requirement of Xbox being online even without using a cloud gaming capabilities? Or are you telling me they would cloud every game in Xbox library?
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Zeriab

• Tier 2
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2013, 12:31:24 PM »
With that I absolutely agree.
Requiring an online connection if all games requires one makes sense.
I really doubt that is the case, so I am also against it.