Author Topic: Hello Prodigies  (Read 1193 times)

Mechoburner

• Tier 1
Hello Prodigies
« on: April 12, 2013, 02:45:26 AM »
Peace be upon you all.

My name is Sadab, and I'm from Bangladesh. Ever since I was a little boy, like when I was 10, or 12 (I'm 15 now), I've been making tiny games on RPG Maker XP. I was a pretty lousy creator, but after all these years of practice, I can safely say that I now am somewhat an expert. I can make any kinds of gameplay systems as long as it's event-based, but when it comes to scripting...meh. I'm the worst.

Anyways, the reason I'm joining this community is because of Quintessence: The Blighted Venom. Ever since I laid eyes on this game...let me just say it's awesome. It quickly points out that this game took real talents to make. Although it's not actually a game, it has a deep story and extremely cool atmosphere.

Atmosphere. That's one of the main reasons I'm here today. The way to make the atmosphere has greatly touched me, among other things. And since I have found out that this community is filled with skilled and really helpful people, I thought maybe you guys would help me with tips on my game making hobby. I'd love to know how you did all those stuff Quintessence, especially how to make such awesome atmosphere. So, that's the reason I'm here. To get help on my game from real, talented game makers.

So, can I hope for that? Can I really get help? Thanks in advance, and please continue making games. I'd love to play a real RPG from you guys, that has good gameplay features and also a great story, and most obviously, a good atmosphere.  8)

Ruben

• ~True Remembrance~
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • :)
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Hello Prodigies
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 05:01:38 PM »
Woo, someone from Bangladesh! I love how international this community is and has always been. :)
If you want help, do not hesitate to ask! There are plenty of helpful people around here, and if you want advice, opionions, discussions or suggestions, you'll probably find some people willing to assist you.

I think it's great that you think about atmosphere so much; not all people are aware of it, but personally I find this is a crucial element for any kind of story.

I know I'm late (and the community seems to be a bit sleepy at the moment or I wouldn't be the first to reply), but welcome, Mechoburner!  :plat:

Unimaginative Username

Re: Hello Prodigies
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 06:33:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum - apologies for somehow overlooking your post :)