Author Topic: Music attempt  (Read 3935 times)

James QZ

• Composer
  • Composer
  • Tier 4
    • Composer's Biography
Re: Music attempt
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 11:37:44 PM »
Hi Sarkilas,

I liked how you opened with this piece. You made a nice calm entrance with the piano. Then when the flute and the strings came in, I was a bit confused. It seemed to me that the sence of direction was lost. Up to that point it was all fine. Also I have noticed the use of parallel 4ths (or is it 5ths), it sounds very medieval like. I'm not sure if your intention was to use the modes, probably not. Anyway, I think I'm going in too deep, I should stop. On the positive side, I really enjoyed your composition. If this was your first time, well, give yourself a pat on the back, because you deserve it!  :vikonsmile: Keep up the good work.

James
I believe in the existence of extraterrestrials.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 11:47:50 PM »
^Oo, advice from James. :o

Sarkilas

• Tier 6
  • That guy
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 06:33:37 AM »
Hi Sarkilas,

I liked how you opened with this piece. You made a nice calm entrance with the piano. Then when the flute and the strings came in, I was a bit confused. It seemed to me that the sence of direction was lost. Up to that point it was all fine. Also I have noticed the use of parallel 4ths (or is it 5ths), it sounds very medieval like. I'm not sure if your intention was to use the modes, probably not. Anyway, I think I'm going in too deep, I should stop. On the positive side, I really enjoyed your composition. If this was your first time, well, give yourself a pat on the back, because you deserve it!  :vikonsmile: Keep up the good work.

James
Thanks for your comment! Glad you enjoyed it. I'll have a look into what you mentioned and see if I can cook something new up :reivsmile:

^Oo, advice from James. :o
Is that uncommon? :P

Need scripting help? Toss me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
Also able to help with anything RMXP related. Please do not hesitate to ask.

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 05:23:10 PM »
Yeah, I think part of the problem with the flute was that it was playing the fifth of the chord as the bass, and that doesn't usually sound very good.
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something