Author Topic: (Spoilers) Neil stuck in wall; can I find a previous savefile or somehow fix ??  (Read 2077 times)

EvilLost

• Tier 2
Hey all,

Needless to say, "To the Moon" is the perfect title to introduce your gf to video games ;)

Unfortunately, she got hooked and played for a couple hours until the "booby trap" scene. Somehow, she has gotten Neil stuck in the wall and shooting "ghost" planters.  If we try to move he simply turns in the direction, but does not move. If we shoot, he shoots the ghost planter but nothing happens obviously.

Personally, I always keep overlapping saves for these situations, but since this was my gf's first game, she simply relied on the autosave.

Long story short:

Can anyone hook me up with a "savegame" file or tell me how to rollback the game to the beginning of the current memory or somewhere nearby? As wonderful as the game is, neither of us wants to go through the entire first 3 hours again just to get around this bug; there must be a more efficient way.

The scene is where Neil is alone running through the school dodging the booby traps.

Thanks!

EDIT:  I have tried opening my savefile in notepad and it seems there are some relevant values in there; if anyone could direct me to which part of the save file controls the characters current map location, in theory I could simply change that to be 1 tile south of where he is now (back on the path and out of the wall) and it should fix, right?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:06:17 PM by EvilLost »

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
  • Current Mood: happy happy
The best way is getting the savefile from someone else who is there.
(Sadly I don't have one to give you :( )
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

EvilLost

• Tier 2
Yea many games have save files hosted online, but this one is a bit too indie....so was hoping to reach out here.

Tumbles

• 海が私の心です。
  • Tier 7
  • I am who I am, but not yet.
    • Big Palooka
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
I have one at the carnival? It's not exactly where you are, but still closer than the start.

Spoiler: show

~

EvilLost

• Tier 2
PM Sent :D

Tumbles

• 海が私の心です。
  • Tier 7
    • Big Palooka

~

EvilLost

• Tier 2
I actually sent you an email through the interface but I'll send you a PM too :P technicalities!

Tumbles

• 海が私の心です。
  • Tier 7
    • Big Palooka
Alrighty, problem should be fixed now. :seraismile:

~

EvilLost

• Tier 2
TY TY, a small setback but a tolerable one!  +rep to Tumbles