Author Topic: Songs of Do You Remember My Lullaby  (Read 12339 times)

Pakken

• Tier 2
Re: Songs of Do You Remember My Lullaby
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 08:57:52 PM »
I'm going with the Greek/Medieval definition according to Boethius and the like.
I don't "think" it's not musically correct - lol, I wish I did, cause I can just dismiss it in that case.
No, I can't enjoy the game because I "hear" it as distracting and unfitting to the rhetoric that the creator is trying to convey with the rest of the artistic product.
Well, then all I can say is I'm glad I'm not that type of musician. While you are giving a lecture on why the son is musically incorrect, I'll just be enjoying the game.
Good day, sir..

Lol, what did I ever say about the "son?"
I've read other reviews where the reviewer gripes about the "unrealism" of this game in light of "real objects" that are part of the setting. I personally didn't even notice it, nor did it bother me, but that person said he/she was a short story critic and was easily distracted by such things.
In the same way, as a musician I'm more prone to focus on and be influenced by the music in a "Gesamtkunstwerk" such as this.

Good day to you, too, sir :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 09:08:55 PM by Pakken »

SteventheSlayer

• Tier 2
  • Bla bla bla, Science.
    • Boring youtube page.
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 09:08:43 PM »
Oh, you know, that musically incorrect son. ;)

Anyway, believe me, I have the same gripe with those people. I feel like thy're so caught up in being right that they miss the whole point. But I digress.

BTW, do you think the song sounds nice? For a lullaby, that is.
I don't even...

Pakken

• Tier 2
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 09:11:38 PM »
Oh, you know, that musically incorrect son. ;)

Anyway, believe me, I have the same gripe with those people. I feel like thy're so caught up in being right that they miss the whole point. But I digress.

BTW, do you think the song sounds nice? For a lullaby, that is.

I do think the lullaby is a nice piece, which is all the more why those parts I mentioned don't sit right with me - it's so "un-nice" compared to the rest of the piece. I especially like how the beginning has a nice sequence :P (3-6-3-6 to be exact; also called Romanesca, or Pachelbel's Canon)
Also, as I mentioned in my first post, I really enjoyed the story and kept hoping that the son would come home. I was really saddened/depressed by the ending :(
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 02:54:28 AM by Pakken »

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 04:32:47 AM »
Edit: Sorry to bother you with my question, I have tried it on Windows and it indeed plays Lullaby music when she opens the box. I have narrowed down this issue to MIDI files, I will post the solution if I can fix it.

Sorry if this question is not directly related to this topic, but it is related to "Do You Remember My Lullaby" songs.

Here is my question: In the first scene, is it supposed to play a music when she goes to the basement and opens the music box?

I'm running this using Wine on Mac OS X, at first it crashed after opening the box.
I checked Wine logs and found errors about DirectMusic, so I installed DirectMusic and it does not crash anymore. But it does not play any song the moment she opens the box. I can hear her singing and then some music in the next scene though.

Please note that I'm not asking for help about Wine or Mac OS X, I want to know what is the normal behavior on Windows.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 04:15:00 PM by ali »

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 04:13:31 PM »
Sorry for hijacking this topic, I was not able to make a new topic for this.

Mac/Linux users should convert MIDI files from "Audio" folder of this Game/Short animation from MIDI to OGG or other compatible formats.

You can find more detailed instructions in my Quintessence topic:
http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=4899.0