Author Topic: Songs of Do You Remember My Lullaby  (Read 13276 times)

yeLoz

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Songs of Do You Remember My Lullaby
« on: January 13, 2013, 07:40:34 AM »
Hello everybody..
Here I want to discuss about the music of DYRML. The songs are really lovely and sad, especially Lullaby. The first time I heard it, I just sat pensively and close my eyes to hear that deep song.  :'( It makes me feel really sad, even I could feel the love is flowing from the pure heart of a mother.  :(
I fell in love with that song, and I want to play it on piano, but I couldn't find the sheet music of Lullaby. Does someone know how can I find the sheet music? Really want to play it...........

Thank you...

Note: I couldn't make a new topic on DYRML's forum. I've reported it to the mod and he is still looking for what's happening there, so that's why I put the topic here....

Tumbles

• 海が私の心です。
  • Tier 7
  • I am who I am, but not yet.
    • Big Palooka
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
Re: Songs of Do You Remember My Lullaby
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 07:58:19 AM »
Hmm, well I have the guitar part tabbed for Lullaby. I doubt that'll help, but it's here if you need it. :vikonsmile:

Spoiler: show

~

yeLoz

• Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 10:01:00 AM »
It's okay, I think it would help, because my aural is bad.. :(
Do you mind to share it?  :)

Blue_Cow

• Tier 1
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 02:20:26 PM »
I have the sheet music for lullaby although it is quite simple it still sounds nice !!

hope it helps!

Gogobrasil8

• Tier 3
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 06:47:29 PM »
Thanks! I will love to ply it on piano too. :vikonsmile:
Lunair >> all

To the Moon - Finished
Do you remember my lullaby? - Finished
The Mirror Lied - Finished
Quintessence - Finished (Sorta, of course.)
A Bird`s Story - Finished

:plat:<- I love This Smiley

Twitter: @gogobrasil8_br

SteventheSlayer

• Tier 2
  • Bla bla bla, Science.
    • Boring youtube page.
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 06:18:48 PM »
I have the sheet music for lullaby although it is quite simple it still sounds nice !!

hope it helps!

I couldn't push the print button fast enough lol.
I don't even...

yeLoz

• Tier 2
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 03:07:59 AM »
 (click to show/hide)

hope it helps!

Hai, Blue. I just surprised.... Wow! you created that sheet by yourself? it's cool!  :kardiansmile:
Although it's quite simple, but of course it helps! that sounds nice as you said..  :seraismile:

thank you very much..^^

Pakken

• Tier 2
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 04:09:00 AM »
I actually have a "Criticism" about the BGM from a Musical Standpoint. *cue flames*

First of all, the overall experience of the game itself was okay, though I knew what was coming and was still disappointed & sad :'(
That said, it was a nice little visual tale.

Regarding the music, however, I must gripe about ONE thing. And PLEASE forgive me here, but I am a musician myself and must use musical terms to explain my incompatibility with the Lullaby Theme. (I also address the creator in 2nd person, so forgive me for that.)

It is probably mostly due to my classical influences, but I could not focus on the story itself as much as I would have liked because of the apparent, blaring voice-leading issues that I could hear between the lower (bass) and upper (melody) voices. I heard parallels of perfect intervals at crucial points of the phrase structure, and specifically after the half-cadence and at the final authentic cadence of the entire loop-phrase.

At the half-cadence, there was what seemed like a climb in both the bass AND the melody on the scale degrees 1, 2 and 3, leading back to the consequent of the phrase. Now, if you had just used a form of parallel 10ths, it would have worked just fantastically. Even a chromatic line would have served better than a sudden jarring sound of three successive octaves in parallel motion.
At the final authentic cadence, for some reason you decided to have both the melody and the bass to move in octaves on the scale degrees 1-7-1, in a neighbor motion. There are two issues with this: 1.) For the penultimate functional Dominant harmony of a phrase, it must be in root position, unless you are specifically trying to move away from tonal functionality as a whole - for which the chord progressions used in the prior portion of the phrase do not account. 2.) The parallel motion in octaves once again creates a rather jarring contrast from the rest of the music up until that point, which from the rhetoric that I can infer from the piece is not what you seem to want to convey.
Thus, what ended up happening was that you drew sudden attention to the cadences of your phrase, but did not allocate enough strength nor emphasis to them in the proper manner. Hence, those parts kept distracting me, away from the atmosphere and story of the visual tale.

Of course, if you did incorporate such contrapuntal movements with a specific purpose in mind, then I have no real defense and would love to hear your reasoning for making such choices. Otherwise, I suspect that they were either passive choices (aka By Ear) or simple oversights.

Thanks for reading this rather anomalous expounding of my thoughts, and please, I am welcome to additional thoughts about the piece, especially analytical ones.

P.S. To the creator: if you do have the original score, I would love to see it - it might clear up a lot of things for me :P

SteventheSlayer

• Tier 2
  • Bla bla bla, Science.
    • Boring youtube page.
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 11:13:23 AM »
:snip:
MY opinion? You're taking it to seriously.
Just saying.
I don't even...

Pakken

• Tier 2
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 07:16:17 PM »
:snip:
MY opinion? You're taking it to seriously.
Just saying.

I'm a musician. I always take music seriously ;)

SteventheSlayer

• Tier 2
  • Bla bla bla, Science.
    • Boring youtube page.
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 07:20:57 PM »

The implication behind that being that I'm not a musician, and that you can't like this game if you are one.
I don't even...

Pakken

• Tier 2
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 07:21:40 PM »

The implication behind that being that I'm not a musician.

I don't know. Are you?

SteventheSlayer

• Tier 2
  • Bla bla bla, Science.
    • Boring youtube page.
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 07:24:40 PM »
I don't know. Are you?
Depends on the definition. In this case, I'm not sure if I want to be one, as it sounds like a musician is someone who can't enjoy a game because they don't think a song in it isn't musically correct.

I don't even...

Pakken

• Tier 2
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 08:44:10 PM »
I don't know. Are you?
Depends on the definition. In this case, I'm not sure if I want to be one, as it sounds like a musician is someone who can't enjoy a game because they don't think a song in it isn't musically correct.

I'm going with the Greek/Medieval definition according to Boethius and the like.
I don't "think" it's not musically correct - lol, I wish I did, cause I can just dismiss it in that case.
No, I can't enjoy the game because I "hear" those parts as distracting and unfitting to the rhetoric that the creator is trying to convey with the rest of the artistic product.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:51:46 PM by Pakken »

SteventheSlayer

• Tier 2
  • Bla bla bla, Science.
    • Boring youtube page.
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 08:53:38 PM »
I'm going with the Greek/Medieval definition according to Boethius and the like.
I don't "think" it's not musically correct - lol, I wish I did, cause I can just dismiss it in that case.
No, I can't enjoy the game because I "hear" it as distracting and unfitting to the rhetoric that the creator is trying to convey with the rest of the artistic product.
Well, then all I can say is I'm glad I'm not that type of musician. While you are giving a lecture on why the son is musically incorrect, I'll just be enjoying the game.
Good day, sir..
I don't even...