Author Topic: Lag Whenever Text Boxes Appear  (Read 2561 times)

Marty123

• Tier 1
Lag Whenever Text Boxes Appear
« on: December 13, 2012, 07:55:29 PM »
AMD Phenom about 2.1 GHZ
NVIDIA Geforce GT 545
4 Gigs RAM
Windows Vista 64 bit
Latest drivers installed.
I tried restarting computer after install.

I get intense lag whenever chat boxes appear.  The rest of the game runs smoothly.  It annoys me so much that I have trouble enjoying the game.  I'd really appreciate any input.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 08:00:17 PM by Marty123 »

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Re: Lag Whenever Text Boxes Appear
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 12:26:27 PM »
From the little I know of how the game's engine works, it relies on ruby accessing the win32 api. Do you have any programs or mods to your system that affect the interface? (I don't mean just changing your settings, I mean something like windowblinds). Also, RMXP based games have generally had issues with windows vista. Try running the game as administrator. Or if you have a decent PC with windows xp installed, I'd try it on that one.

Marty123

• Tier 1
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 05:53:31 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I do not have any third party programs affecting my interface.  I tried running it as administrator and also tried Windows XP compatibility mode.  No luck.  I guess I'll just have to suffer through it but it sure is obnoxious and really takes me out of the game sometimes.

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 05:51:58 PM »
That sucks. Wish I knew a way to help ya. If it's too distracting, there are a few let's plays of it on youtube you can watch. Not as good as playing the game, but you can still get the story that way :D

personear

• Tier 1
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 12:25:30 AM »
That was a problem with me, but I just reinstalled it and that seemed to work fine with me. Try to reinstall the game and see if that helps.