Author Topic: Neil  (Read 14590 times)

svc5

• Tier 1
Neil
« on: December 07, 2012, 06:49:21 PM »
I just finished the game and it was great. The only thing that I was wondering about at the end of the game was neil and the pain killer thing. Did he really have an addiction, was he telling the truth when he said  he didn't, were the creators of the game trying to give him a connection to Johnny with the Beta Blockers? It seemed like the who pain killer thing was brought up as quickly as it ended.

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Neil
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 06:59:06 PM »
It's also possible Neil is really ill and needs to take them to surpress the pain, but doesn't want Eva to worry about that.
I think we will find out more about them in the sequel.
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

Dr. Zooks McCoy

• Tier 7
  • Dr. Rodney McKay's female sidekick
    • Soundcloud
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 10:10:03 PM »
Absolutely cannot wait for it, too! :)

malloc

• Tier 2
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 02:29:51 PM »
I just finished the game and it was great. The only thing that I was wondering about at the end of the game was neil and the pain killer thing. Did he really have an addiction, was he telling the truth when he said  he didn't, were the creators of the game trying to give him a connection to Johnny with the Beta Blockers? It seemed like the who pain killer thing was brought up as quickly as it ended.

I clearly remember the throbbing of the screen after John was buried at the end (making me start to speculate if they were in another simulation even as they buried John). But when did Neil say that bit about the painkillers? Either I have forgotten or I managed to overlook that part.

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 06:33:11 PM »
There was a secret scene in the game, if you've found the painkillers dropping out of the car (at the scene where Eva was securing the scent from the roadkill)
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

Amoebe

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 07:31:30 PM »
If I didn't forget so much things... I am kind of suspecting that Neil is Caffeine-addicted.

There are two secret scene in the game actually. If you chose Neil when the children lead you to visit the lighthouse at the very beginning at the game and "had a battle with spuirrel",you can see Neil's HP was just 70%, actually he's not so healthy.

Another evidence is that Neil said he used to drink a lot of coffee and he also said "I doubt they'd have any coffee..." before they started their work.

And I am really sorry for my awful English. I'm trying to getting it better...

Dr. Zooks McCoy

• Tier 7
  • Dr. Rodney McKay's female sidekick
    • Soundcloud
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 07:33:54 PM »
He's addicted to caffeine too, the pills probably aren't for that. XD

Amoebe

• Tier 2
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 07:37:05 PM »
He's addicted to caffeine too, the pills probably aren't for that. XD

Then I can't find out what those pills for...

Tumbles

• 海が私の心です。
  • Tier 7
  • I am who I am, but not yet.
    • Big Palooka
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 03:49:52 AM »
They're painkillers. :vikonsmile: And your English is awesome. :plat:

Spoiler: show

~

Amoebe

• Tier 2
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 05:33:11 PM »
They're painkillers. :vikonsmile: And your English is awesome. :plat:

I thought painkillers may contain Caffeine ...? But actually I am still not sure.

And thanks for your encouragement <3

ArauMenu

• Tier 1
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 05:32:59 AM »
I also think, that Neil is probably ill, but I have another theory. I'm curious what you think about it. The one, who is dying, is not Neil. It's Eva. I think they couldn't help all of their patient, and Eva regretted this. Her last wish is to successfully help all of them. Example: In the real world the gamble with River went wrong. So Jhonny didn't met River in Nasa. Only in Evas new memory is this a success. Neil is actually the future Neil, who is helping her. Its a really painful job for him. The reason he use the painkiller is to make his brain numb (In the bar scene we can see, that they still have their senses in the memories. So I think the painkillers can work too.), and don't remember about his dying friend. It's a really sad theory, and I can't prove it. It's only a hunch, and maybe the coffee. Only Neil could get a coffee. I'm sorry, if my english is bad.

Unimaginative Username

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 06:48:08 AM »

I thought painkillers may contain Caffeine ...? But actually I am still not sure.

Maybe he is taking caffeine pills and he has a serious caffeine addiction problem.

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 08:58:15 AM »

Maybe he is taking caffeine pills and he has a serious caffeine addiction problem.

Why would he put them in Painkillers bottle?
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Unimaginative Username

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 10:11:41 AM »

Why would he put them in Painkillers bottle?

Because the caffeine pills came in a card box and he didn't want it to break causing the pills to become damaged or fall out and get lost. So he used a painkiller bottle to store them as it is more durable.

Acidburns

• Tier 1
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 03:47:11 PM »
I also think, that Neil is probably ill, but I have another theory. I'm curious what you think about it. The one, who is dying, is not Neil. It's Eva. I think they couldn't help all of their patient, and Eva regretted this. Her last wish is to successfully help all of them. Example: In the real world the gamble with River went wrong. So Jhonny didn't met River in Nasa. Only in Evas new memory is this a success. Neil is actually the future Neil, who is helping her. Its a really painful job for him. The reason he use the painkiller is to make his brain numb (In the bar scene we can see, that they still have their senses in the memories. So I think the painkillers can work too.), and don't remember about his dying friend. It's a really sad theory, and I can't prove it. It's only a hunch, and maybe the coffee. Only Neil could get a coffee. I'm sorry, if my english is bad.

I think ArauMenu is near the mark here. I think Eva is dying because of the car crash. Neil is taking the painkillers because he was injured too, but not severely. This would explain his low health bar.

I think this explains a lot, but maybe not why he was worried about her finding the painkillers. I thought perhaps he was worried about her being near the scene of the accident, incase it disrupted the machine. However he sent her to get the roadkill in the first place. Was it just an act of incompetence on his part then? He forgot the roadkill was near the car and the crash? Or perhaps he felt the roadkill was sufficient explanation for the crash, but the painkillers were too close to the truth?