Author Topic: Road incidents  (Read 2157 times)

atommo

• Tier 7
  • Awesomeness :D
  • Current Mood: cool cool
Road incidents
« on: November 27, 2012, 10:58:57 AM »
Basically I've seen a video- This one:
Cyclist Takes Revenge on Rude Driver

The question is, who is the one to blame? I personally feel that it is the cyclists fault but some may have a different opinion. Another thing is what should have been done to prevent the incident from happening? If you had been in the drivers or the cyclists situation, would you have done something different?

I would be angry if I were the driver since he only wanted to change lanes; he indicated and it didn't seem like he wanted to do any harm yet his car got vandalized.
The sentence below is false
The sentence above is true

Unimaginative Username

Re: Road incidents
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 11:17:41 AM »
Definitely the cyclist's fault.

atommo

• Tier 7
  • Awesomeness :D
  • Current Mood: cool cool
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 12:02:13 PM »
I feel it was a road rage incident. The cyclist was angry to begin with, and when the driver starts changing lanes, the cyclist feels he is being cut off. Since the cyclist is already angry, he vandalizes the car.

The driver should not have to pay any money for the damage caused by the cyclist since he/she should be able to claim insurance.
The sentence below is false
The sentence above is true

Stardale

• Freebird Linguist-Actor
  • Tier 7
    • Blog
  • Current Mood: happy happy
  • Discord ID: senseigab#6268
  • Twitter: senseigab
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 05:48:48 AM »
To begin with, the cyclist shouldn't be going along with the other cars on the road! Plus, I do not see a valid reason for the cyclist to damage the car; the car driver did not even hit the bike - it almost did, but it didn't. It would also seem that he's hurrying up for that spot before the car does while imo, the car's speed in lane-switching was relatively slow.

This reminds me of motorcycles here in the Philippines. Some love cutting through every space between bumpers and sidewalks just to get past the traffic.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 06:23:47 AM by Stardale »

Tumbles

• 海が私の心です。
  • Tier 7
  • I am who I am, but not yet.
    • Big Palooka
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 06:54:19 AM »
To begin with, the cyclist shouldn't be going along with the other cars on the road!

I know that here in Aus at least, the law is that adult cyclists must ride on the road, or the designated cycling lane if there is one. But never on the footpath! So if there's no cycling lane, yep, you gotta ride with the cars.

Spoiler: show

~