Author Topic: Can't Stop Moving Left, Can't Progress Without A Keyboard [Edit: Found Solution]  (Read 2749 times)

Zuldim

• Tier 1
Hello, I bought To The Moon last night as a part of Steam's sale, and I booted it up this morning eager to try playing it. The first few minutes worked fine, I got to the house, went upstairs, talked to the kids, found the rabbits, and went to the cliff overlooking the lighthouse. Immediately after this, however, I started experiencing the error I seem to see people on this forum refer to as "The Left Dash of Doom", and I could only move left while my keyboard was plugged in.

I decided to try to continue without a keyboard plugged in at all, and I sunk about another hour and a half into the game, before finally getting to the horse part, which suddenly requires keyboard controls. My game is now totally stuck, as I NEED to progress to the right on the horse, and even when I'm holding the right key down, that only stops me from moving at all. I've tried other games (namely Cave Story+), they're working fine, I've tried other keyboards, no luck, I've tried restarting the game, no luck.

I was really enjoying the game, but it looks like if I can't get this issue fixed, then it's become literally unplayable, and I won't get to fix it, much to my dismay. Does anyone know of any suggested fixes for it? (Running Windows Vista 32-bit, so it's definitely not linked to having a 64-bit OS like other threads seemed to suggest, nor to Windows 8. Interestingly, I do have a Razer Deathadder hooked up as my mouse, and I saw in another thread that someone else experiencing the problem was using the same mouse.)

Any help, or any way to bypass the horse section and continue playing using only the mouse (I really like the game other than these tech problems, and want to finish it!) would be very appreciated!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 05:41:13 PM by Zuldim »

Zuldim

• Tier 1
Re: Can't Stop Moving Left, Can't Progress Without A Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »
Ok, I think I found a fix. After doing some more research into the problem, it appears it's from a sort of "phantom gamepad" sending signals to the game, when no gamepad is plugged in, from having previously plugged one into your PC. I plugged my PS3 controller in several months ago, and even though I'd since removed the drivers for it, it was still detecting it for... Some... Reason. Once I plugged the PS3 controller back in, even though it wasn't doing anything, and has no drivers on the machine, it's working perfectly. I have no idea why, but it appears to have been fixed, so uh... I won't complain.

Bizarre bug, bizarre fix.

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Can't Stop Moving Left, Can't Progress Without A Keyboard
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 05:15:02 PM »
Strange bug indeed, good that you were able to solve it. Have fun playing :3
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

TheFrenchmen

• Tier 1
I also bought this game on the steam sale. I too am having the same issue except moving to the right, I'm on a wireless keyboard. I haven't previously used a gamepad on my pc.

At the part where your matching up items, I just hit right one time and they kept moving right. I unplugged and restarted the game but even with my keyboard off the main menu will skip to the right continual. It appears to be only in this game.

I was hoping to finish tonight but I'll wait to see what the issue may be.

Edit: Fixed through pc reboot.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 03:17:46 AM by TheFrenchmen »