Author Topic: Status of French Localization of "To the Moon"?  (Read 3972 times)

yarbo

• Tier 1
Status of French Localization of "To the Moon"?
« on: October 29, 2012, 08:01:52 PM »
Hi Guys (and gals).

My apologies for posting in this forum in English.  My mom would love to play this game, particularly after the glowing review I gave about it.

However, my mom's first language is French, and while she would probably get the gist of the story by playing the game in English, I feel the overall impact of the game would be stronger if it was in her first language. 

So I come to you and ask about what the translation status of this game is into French.  If a translation is ready, how can I get it? Do I need to purchase a special version of the game for my mom, or can I get her the english version, and somehow patch it to French?

Thanks in advance!

Mes excuse pour ne pa avoir ecrit ce message en Francais, mais mon ecriture en francais est terrible (come que vous pouver voir par ce petit message francais).

Also, feel free to reply to this message in French, as I both speak and read it just fine - its written French that I am terrible at.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:08:28 PM by yarbo »

Judedeath

• ~Insert Japanese things here~
  • Tier 7
  • JOHN-PEE-AIR!
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Status of French Localization of "To the Moon"?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 08:34:30 PM »
You'll excuse me if I respond in english but I wasn't part of the translation team.  The french translation is finished and available. You are able to get it with the steam version if you run steam in french and from the freebirdgames site if you use the french site, I don't know if the other versions have french but I just personally confirmed that both the freebirdgames site and the steam version can be played in french.

I hope this helps.
Old River was as dead as a doornail, this must be distinctly understood or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am about to relate.

yarbo

• Tier 1
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 09:06:23 PM »
I got mine on Steam (I run steam in English). 

My mom does not have a steam account, as she isn't really a gamer.  She used to play games back on the NES and SNES, and they were always JRPG style games - which is why I thought she'd enjoy this game.

If I have already purchased the game on Steam, is there anyway to play it in French (I am curious to just try it and see how the translation is) cause after speaking with my mom earlier she seems to think that she would prefer the original English - but I fear that her English reading comprehension may impede her enjoyment of the narrative.

Short of that - I will purchase it for her through Freebird's website, no sense in her setting up a Steam account for just one game.

Judedeath

• ~Insert Japanese things here~
  • Tier 7
  • JOHN-PEE-AIR!
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 09:11:31 PM »
Yeah, to play the game in french on steam you just need to go to Steam, Settings, Interface and change the steam language to french, then when you launch TtM it should download the French version and you'll just be able to launch it.
Old River was as dead as a doornail, this must be distinctly understood or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am about to relate.

Corneille2178

• Team Français
  • Tier 5
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 10:04:45 AM »
Hi Yarbo,

Yes, Judedeath is right in his last message. I often change the language in the Steam settings according to the game I want to play (according to the quality of the translation, in fact).

Your mother really should play in French. For a non-native, the subtility of TtM's dialogues requires a real proficiency in English.

J'espère que le jeu lui plaira ! A bientôt !