Author Topic: Vocaloid fandub  (Read 1316 times)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Vocaloid fandub
« on: October 13, 2012, 01:33:56 AM »
Hey everyone. I bet most of you don't even know who I am. I've mostly been lurking for the past couple years or so. If any of you remember me, you might remember I've always been awful at finishing things I start. So recently to try and get over that, I've been starting small projects and finishing them, even if I don't get them perfect.

So I decided one thing I could do was fandubbing my favorite vocaloid songs! My little sister writes the lyrics, and I sing the boy parts. Our first attempt was servant of evil. I don't sound all that great, but I thought I'd post it anyways. Hope ya'll enjoy!

[DubClubChorus] Servant of Evil fandub

I still cringe at my own voice, but that's mostly because I was an amazing singer before my voiced changed over a decade ago. Anyone have any tips on how to improve? I know I sound flat most of the time, but I'm not sure how to change that. Any particular exercises or techniques you can suggest? Any help or advice would be great. (My sister sounds great for her part, but she only has four lines. lol.)

Miss Nile

• レゲシブレイドが大好きです。
  • Tier 7
  • Miss of The Grand Nile; Founder of Snow Rose
    • Snow Rose Games
Re: Vocaloid fandub
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 05:16:59 PM »
Aww I love this. :) I couldn't listen to all the words clearly because of my crappy speakers,  but I loved the ones I heard. They were touching and the picture that you chose for the video also suited the whole thing well.

Your voice is nice, legacy. :seraismile: There were times when it went out of place, but I liked it for the most of time. The part where you and your sister sing together could be improved though, as the voices clash together and make it a little hard to listen to.

Nice video overall! I am sorry I can't give any specific advice, but thank you for posting this. :)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
Re: Vocaloid fandub
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 02:20:53 PM »
Glad you liked it Luv ^.^ Nice to hear that it's not a horrible bane on the ears of humans everywhere :P

I think the inability to hear a lot of the words was my voice going to quiet compared to the music in some parts. But I'm glad you liked what you could hear.

Thanks for the advice on the duet part, because the next song we're going to do is going to have a lot more dueting (is there a word for that?). So I'll practice with her so our voices blend better.

Thanks again for commenting ^.^