Author Topic: What did this game do?  (Read 1463 times)

Toon319

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
What did this game do?
« on: September 15, 2012, 05:42:29 PM »
Okay, so around a month ago I bought, played and finished TTM. I can easily say it's one of the best games I've ever played; but here's the thing:

I have (or I guess you could say suffer) from ADD, and find it significantly harder to focus on anything that warrants less interest than other things. I find it a lot on minecraft - one minute I'll be building a house, the next minute i'll have forgotten about it and moved onto digging a hole. But I digress. For the past week or two (after finishing TTM) I've been able to do just that - focus; and it feels really good. Being able to appropriately focus and do things that need doing has been something I have never been able to do before, but now....

An hour ago, I decided to go outside in the garden (it's about 10:30pm now) and just sit down, watch the stars, and focus on something. So, that's what I chose; the stars. Luckily, it's a cloudless night so it's all the more beautiful, and I don't live in a city so there aren't many ambient lights to make them invisible - and it was awesome; so many of them.

I've always wanted to go into space; maybe that's why this game has had such a profound effect on me - but I want to see what you guys thought (maybe one of you is a psychiatrist, heh  :P ) Can anybody give me an idea on what happened?   :platquack:  :whaaa?:
Games without music are games without soul.

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
Re: What did this game do?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 06:09:57 PM »
This might be little short but I'm trying to remember things from long time ago.
From what I remember from my psychology classes age plays significant role in ADD but I never heard of "snap" effect like that before.
Also in case of ADD our lector told us it should not be taken as a disease. Some cases of diagnostics that are clasified as ADD are actually sugar powered childern that have tendency to burn out acumulated energy not to store it because frankly our body stores energy in fat not sugar. ^^

But in your case this could have been under psychological trigger. It's hard to make a judge because there are some vital data amiss but as this being an internet community you're of course free to refuse to tell them. IE your age.

EDIT: Also you have  anacoluthon in your first sentence second paragraph.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 06:14:28 PM by Lance D. Stone »
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Question Mark

• 疑問符の人
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
Re: What did this game do?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 12:07:31 AM »
There are things and people that inexplicably rearrange us and put our lives back intontrack (so to say), TtM is one of those things for you.