Author Topic: Am i the only one..  (Read 9415 times)

r3kan

• Tier 3
  • Allergic to adorableness
  • Current Mood: alright alright
Re: Am i the only one..
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2012, 12:58:18 PM »
no everything i said in my last post is according to whats happening in the memories.
 its hard to explain.. beta blockers doesnt magically suppress memories, it blocks a specific source of stress hormone that causes trauma. A traumatized patient takes beta blockers, it blocks intensive fear the incident causes you and as a side effect subconciously hh wouldnt feel that its something worth remembering. in other words the side effect of trauma reduced and johnny's state of mind is what makes him forget (although i thought it only affects the traumatic memory).
in the new memories, joey didnt die, johnny didnt get traumatized, there was nothing suppressed even when he took the beta blocker

i really dont get why people say johnny's an ass, i mean river dedicated her late life proving johnny isnt an ass and its true

Ferdk

• Tier 7
  • Nothing is true, everything is permitted
    • My YouTube channel
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2012, 01:25:02 PM »
But the beta-blockers he took blocked his memory. If you change them, that 'spot' is still blocked, because his mind is somewhat 'physically' blocked by it (and his brain didn't physically change with the machine). Or at least that seems to be how the game treats the issue.

As for Johnny being an ass, I don't really believe that, I just said it in context to what I was speculating :P but I don't think its the case, honestly.
My YouTube channel (VG Covers and stuff):
http://www.youtube.com/ferdk16

r3kan

• Tier 3
  • Allergic to adorableness
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2012, 01:57:12 PM »
i know im repeating this a lot but i have to do it again. trauma is the main cause, beta blocker is the catalyst. and you have to remember two things-
1)trauma comes first, memory loss next. if theres no trauma theres no memory loss. hence you can regain your memories by facing you trauma
2) i mentioned this before.by memory loss, the memories are not sealed away in a seperate place, your brain just fools you into thinking that you forgot to reduce the traumatic effects. the thing is your mind remember every single bit of the memories, john's liking to pickled olives and liking river is a good example of remembering things from to past but not to the point that it triggers the trauma

during the new memories, mind u that he still has all his memories, johnny was implanted with the idea that his brother is still alive. no trauma, no memory loss, beta blockers doesnt work
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 02:00:02 PM by r3kan »