Author Topic: How does the machine work and hint at the end?  (Read 1864 times)

mani60cent

• Tier 1
How does the machine work and hint at the end?
« on: September 03, 2012, 08:42:07 AM »
Hi guys, just finished watching pewdiepies playthrough of "To the moon" and i have to say the ending tore my heart up quite a bit. One question i have is, How does the machine work, when they alter time and change things do they actually change johnny's life in the present or does johnny think it all happened but it never did. Also after the credits it shows eva and neil walking away from johnny's grave and then we hear a heartbeat and the screen turns red for a sec, is this hinting that they are still in the machine or that neil has a heart problem. Also when eva and johnny  are sitting together on the bridge, there is actually a second neil behind them and he seems to be watching them, could something be wrong with eva?

Ruben

• ~True Remembrance~
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • :)
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: How does the machine work and hint at the end?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 09:13:53 AM »
Cool to see new folks here! :)

or does johnny think it all happened but it never did
^this

Also after the credits it shows eva and neil walking away from johnny's grave and then we hear a heartbeat and the screen turns red for a sec, is this hinting that they are still in the machine or that neil has a heart problem. Also when eva and johnny  are sitting together on the bridge, there is actually a second neil behind them and he seems to be watching them, could something be wrong with eva?
Maybe, who knows? ;)
But the second Neil is a bug, I believe. I haven't encountered him in my playthroughs.
As for the red screen flash there are multiple theories. But it seems to have to do with the "medicine" (painkillers?) Neil takes. (This was hinted before when Eva was sent to fetch the roadkill.)