Author Topic: Anya (In Minecraft)  (Read 5221 times)

Toon319

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Anya (In Minecraft)
« on: August 23, 2012, 05:24:10 PM »
Okay, First post. Here goes.

To start, i want to say thank you to Reives and his team; A big thank you indeed. The first game as far as I can remember to actually make me cry. Upon seeing PewDiePie play the game, I immediately went and bought the game, and that's saying something - this is the first time that has happened. I finished it in one sitting, and immediately bought the OST afterwards. Then i woke up the next day and played it through again :D

Anyway, the point of this was to show you guys this. I built it on monday, and subsequently discovered the forums :P

Pictures are here - http://toon319.tumblr.com/post/30055354849/here-is-a-quick-monday-night-build-i-spent-a-few

I also plan to recreate the main house / lighthouse / real world level with the help of WorldEdit - what do you guys think?

Positive feedback is appreciated. It gives me warm fuzzies ^_^
Games without music are games without soul.

Tumbles

• 海が私の心です。
  • Tier 7
  • I am who I am, but not yet.
    • Big Palooka
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
Re: Anya (In Minecraft)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 09:55:06 PM »
You deserve warm fuzzies! That's really cool. :seraismile: I don't know much about minecraft, but it looks like a lot of work. :vikonsmile:

And welcome to the forums! :)

Spoiler: show

~

Ferdk

• Tier 7
  • Nothing is true, everything is permitted
    • My YouTube channel
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 10:10:54 PM »
I don't know much about minecraft either but that looks really cool!

How does the game work? maybe it would be  cool  to do the cliff house and then freebirdians join to hang around? does it have online? :P
My YouTube channel (VG Covers and stuff):
http://www.youtube.com/ferdk16

Unimaginative Username

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 05:33:05 AM »
Very nice, is the section next to the base of the lighthouse a duplication of the top so you don't have to walk all the way up to it each time??

It is a sandbox survival game where you collect resource blocks to create your house whilst fighting off monsters, alternatively you can play creative mode where you have an infinite supply of everything so you can create what you want with very little restraints. It does have online provided you have a server to use.

Judedeath

• ~Insert Japanese things here~
  • Tier 7
  • JOHN-PEE-AIR!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 01:36:23 PM »
!

http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=3673.0

It looks good!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:43:53 PM by Judedeath »
Old River was as dead as a doornail, this must be distinctly understood or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am about to relate.

Toon319

• Tier 2
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 06:16:39 PM »
Thanks guys :)

V
Very nice, is the section next to the base of the lighthouse a duplication of the top so you don't have to walk all the way up to it each time??
Well, yes and no, that was the bit I made first. Looking over it again, i think that was a bit silly, as the base is all the way out of proportion :P

How does the game work? maybe it would be  cool  to do the cliff house and then freebirdians join to hang around?
It's what I plan to do next :P Cliff house feels like a really nice challenge :D

Phoebe

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 07:36:36 PM »
Oh, wow, that's great. A friend of mine and I once tried to recreate Anya and the house, but we ended up arguing too much over how to build them that it never worked out. xD Best of luck with that; the lighthouse itself looks pretty good as of now.

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 09:54:47 PM »
Now you need to recreate the background music with note boxes ;p
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

Toon319

• Tier 2
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 06:57:28 PM »
Hey guys. just though I'd revive this topic for a bit as I recently installed SonicEther's GLSL Shaders and it lights Anya under a whole different light (literally and figuratively!)

I think it looks great. The mod comes with a cost (you gotta sacrifice 70-80% of your average fps, but I can live with that). There's also some input lag, which makes fighting significantly more difficult. I think I'll just stick to a clean jar for  actually playing.

EDIT: Only now did I realise that the photos are damn huge.... oh well :P . You should be able to right click and "open image in new tab" or something of the like, to see the whole picture. I really like the last one.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 06:59:53 PM by Toon319 »

Minhnie.Mouse

• Tier 2
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 05:53:40 AM »
Okay, First post. Here goes.

To start, i want to say thank you to Reives and his team; A big thank you indeed. The first game as far as I can remember to actually make me cry. Upon seeing PewDiePie play the game, I immediately went and bought the game, and that's saying something - this is the first time that has happened. I finished it in one sitting, and immediately bought the OST afterwards. Then i woke up the next day and played it through again :D

Anyway, the point of this was to show you guys this. I built it on monday, and subsequently discovered the forums :P

Pictures are here - http://toon319.tumblr.com/post/30055354849/here-is-a-quick-monday-night-build-i-spent-a-few

I also plan to recreate the main house / lighthouse / real world level with the help of WorldEdit - what do you guys think?

Positive feedback is appreciated. It gives me warm fuzzies ^_^

Wow hey, job well done. This marks that you're surely talented. Keep it up!! I'm looking forward to it! I have played minecraft before and do possess some experience. If you need help with building, tell me! I just love it to see in 3D in minecraft!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 06:14:33 AM by Minhnie.Mouse »

Ltnicolae

• Tier 2
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 06:35:03 PM »
I love To the Moon. And I love Minecraft. This looks great!
Everything I know I learn from TV and Video games