Author Topic: Can't read notes or anything from the menu!  (Read 2417 times)

marmota26

• Tier 2
Can't read notes or anything from the menu!
« on: August 17, 2012, 01:31:34 AM »
 ???
I don't know may be the cause, but the problem is: I can't read anything from the menu because it is blank.
*Anything from the menu is: save names,notes, objects and when the girl asks about animorphs.Although I was able to read that I had no patient and I could see Johnny and his life line.

I thought it could be passable at first, but now I see that is important to know descriptions of an object or event, well I got my way out of animorphs since it is in alphabetical order...

Please! I feel like I am not going to understand everything if I finish the game without read any note or description of an object!

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Can't read notes or anything from the menu!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 01:47:17 AM »
Don't worry too much. The notes themselves are just small reminders for you. They aren't actually necessary for knowledge, puzzles, or story. The Animorphs part in the library is the only incidence that requires getting and inputting information, and the answer isn't even in a note. You aks River for the answer. :)

That said, it would be nice to fix the problem. What type of operating system and computer are you using? And where di you get the game (this site, GoG, etc.)? I'm not sure what the problem is, but maybe we can find a way to fix it. :)

First, try re-starting your computer if you haven't already. I'm not sure if that will work, but it's worth a shot.

marmota26

• Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 02:56:53 AM »
 :reivsweat:
Well, it is a relief to know that there are no crucial info in the menu, but it still bugs me a bit.

I am using a Windows Vista 32, notebook with Intel core 2 duo, and a graphic card that can run mildly run more demanding games(It doesn't run any of those more modern games like batman arkham city or skyrim, but can run minecraft on medium without problems).

I will have to ask later where my brother got the game from, because it was a gift from him since he knows that I like these kind of novel-ish games.

Well I will have to sleep soon, so I will restart my pc to see if it silves anything. And dont worry about the animorphs, I used my amazing intellect and guessed that the letters were in alphabetical order(and lucky for me, they were).

Thanks for the reply!

marmota26

• Tier 2
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 12:53:02 PM »
 :)
No need to worry anymore, I have just finished the game. It really doesnt needed the menu.

The Story was so great! Congrats to all who helped and who developed the game! These memory erasing stories always get me...

*SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT*you have been warned
My eyes got all watery when Eva decided go out on her own, this was the saddest part for me. To think that your workmate would do something so unsighlty just because it was paid to, made an arrow travel across my heart. And something inside me told me that if I could have dodged that bolder, or did not step on that spike I would be able to stop her from erasing such a beautiful memory... I only had forgiven her when she was searching for something at Nasa, when I got what she wanted to do.

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 01:53:50 PM »
I'm glad you finished it without a problem, then. Sorry I couldn't help with the notes.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 04:45:55 PM »
Glad you enjoyed the game, mar. :) Hm, as for the problem with the notes. . . I think the most likely cause is that a font file is missing; yet it seems like the fonts used are ones that come with Windows. Oh, which language is your operating system? Perhaps there are some font files that's exclusive to language packs.

marmota26

• Tier 2
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 05:57:57 PM »
 :'(

I already tried changing the system locale to United States and tried using an applocale, I thought it could be it because I default applocale is Japanese(Japanese Visual Novels have the same problems when you not use locale Japan).

I noticed the problem isn't in the game, since I tried to open another RGSS game a few minues ago and faced the same error.
I will try changing a few more things, I will post results here regardless the results.

marmota26

• Tier 2
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 07:49:19 PM »
 :reivsweat:

report:
I tried:
-Changing System Locale
-Use an applocale
-Re-Install the game after locale change
-Re-Install Rgss Rtp Standard after locale change
-Restart PC and Re-run the game

Results:
Nothing. The only change I got is that the game that was stuck in Fullscreen mode, is now stuck in windowed mode.(when I hit Alt-Enter the game frame flicks, but do not change)