Author Topic: Spiral Destiny (Visual Novel)  (Read 3018 times)

Nellie

• Tier 2
Spiral Destiny (Visual Novel)
« on: August 04, 2012, 02:44:04 PM »
I'm actually working on two visual novels simultaneously right now, but this one has got a demo (albeit not exactly that impressive, it trolls and pisses a lot of players off, but it sort of gives an impression of what the finished version will look like lol) so I'll post this up first.

Spiral Destiny
Spiral Destiny (SD) is visual novel project (powered by Ren'Py) first started as a NaNoRenO 2012 project - an event where aspiring game makers gather together attempting to make a visual novel from scratch in the short time frame of a month. At the end of NaNoRenO, the current demo version of SD was released - Download demo here.

The story of SD takes place in AU Bangkok, sometime in the future. Ratana and her friends are shopping at a shopping complex when an earthquake and tsunami hits. The building is flooding and falling apart. Ratana and friends are trapped inside the building waiting for rescue, but with such a large scaled tsunami, they aren't the only ones needing help...

It is told from the perspective of two victims trapped inside the building - Ratana, a young pessimistic college girl; and Satria, an optimistic fresh graduate doctor.

Custom OST
The OST for the demo version is available here. They are custom composed for SD to fit into every scene, to give the players a closer experience and feel of the game atmosphere.

Gameplay trailer
Well... I was trying to make a gameplay trailer, at least xD
Spiral Destiny (Gameplay Trailer)

Feedbacks please! :)
The other VN in development in an aspiring commercial project, so not sure if this would be a good place to post it >_<
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 02:45:50 PM by Nellie »

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Spiral Destiny (Visual Novel)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 04:14:17 PM »
Wowza! This looks great! The background art is fantastic, and the music and SFX seem good as well. I'm looking forward to giving this a try. Keep us updated with every little detail. :)

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
Re: Spiral Destiny (Visual Novel)
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 05:17:50 PM »
Lately I'm really found on VNs. Keep us posted this one looks really interesting. ^^
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)