Author Topic: Vidya Game music on the Banjo  (Read 1471 times)

seamusfish

• Tier 2
Vidya Game music on the Banjo
« on: July 08, 2012, 01:39:40 AM »
I'm going to be doing a bunch of recording over august, and early fall, so I'm trying to work on ear training.  I'm so-so at reproducing melodies by ear, but I'm getting better.  I love how music from the old nes/snes rpgs tend to have simple, and dominant melodies, so I figured arranging some of them on my banjo would be good practice.

I played Earthbound again recently, and attempted an arrangement of the final track.  Not entirely sure about the 3rd and 4th bar of the bridge, but meh, 1 take for the win.  Enjoy.  http://soundcloud.com/seamusfish/earthbound-because-i-love-you

I'm currently trying to arrange Frog's Theme from Chrono Trigger as a bluegrass breakdown.  I'll upload it when I hammer out the details.

After that I'm looking for some suggestions.  Classic vidya game music you'd like to hear on the banjo, with simpleish melodies, preferably in a major key.  I'll keep dumping in this thread as I upload them.

Tumbles

• 海が私の心です。
  • Tier 7
  • I am who I am, but not yet.
    • Big Palooka
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
Re: Vidya Game music on the Banjo
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 02:21:22 AM »
I'm currently trying to arrange Frog's Theme from Chrono Trigger as a bluegrass breakdown.  I'll upload it when I hammer out the details.

This would be so awesome!!  :o

Gonna go listen to the Earthbound song now.  XD
EDIT: It turned out to be awesome.  :vikonsmile: You've got talent!!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 02:31:10 AM by Tumbles »

Spoiler: show

~

Judedeath

• ~Insert Japanese things here~
  • Tier 7
  • JOHN-PEE-AIR!
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Vidya Game music on the Banjo
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 11:56:35 AM »
And 8 days later I finally show up, I like it, can't wait for more. I've always liked the Banjo XD
Old River was as dead as a doornail, this must be distinctly understood or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am about to relate.