Author Topic: Perspective - A 30ish level platformy thing.  (Read 3018 times)

ShaunJS

• Tier 2
Perspective - A 30ish level platformy thing.
« on: July 19, 2012, 12:28:32 PM »
Hello!

I'm a bit new here but since this section is up I won't pass up the chance to encourage more people to play my thing haha.

Perspective is a shortish platform game about a guy's quest to find something. A quest that's gone on so long he can't remember what he was looking for, just that he was looking.

Rubbish story aside, it revolves around warping the player's control between different characters, later on also essentially warping between level layouts.

I made this over a year ago for my final year uni project. There's a lot wrong with it and I'm trying to build a sequel/successor to fix all the wrongs. It did win me an internship which lead to my current job as a designer though!

you can get it for free from my website but it's also available on indievania if you'd like to donate to the cause of me continuing to make silly games :).

http://shaunspalding.co.uk/?page_id=158

Trang

• Tier 2
Re: Perspective - A 30ish level platformy thing.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 11:27:02 PM »
Wow, nice game... I like the inicial game thoughts..

Yet I got stuck in the very first minutes of the game.. I don't know if I miss something about the mechanics or I'm just very dumb, but I can't get past this level:

Any help would be appreciated and...  :plat:

Judedeath

• ~Insert Japanese things here~
  • Tier 7
  • JOHN-PEE-AIR!
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 05:45:44 PM »
I haven't played the game but my guess is you use the guys to make a tower to get all the keys.
Old River was as dead as a doornail, this must be distinctly understood or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am about to relate.

Trang

• Tier 2
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 10:39:10 PM »
LoL, yeah, that's obviously what I thought when i saw it, but the hype was destroyed 10 segs later... The guy just doesn't jump high enough to reach the top of the other ones... Just try it, in like 2 mins (seriously) you'll get to that level...

Judedeath

• ~Insert Japanese things here~
  • Tier 7
  • JOHN-PEE-AIR!
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 11:04:31 PM »
Ok I played it and yeah I don't know what to do there either.
Old River was as dead as a doornail, this must be distinctly understood or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am about to relate.

Trang

• Tier 2
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 01:03:54 PM »
LoL... Yeah, so I was really enjoying the game (reminds me of Braid) but I'm really stuck...

ShaunJS

• Tier 2
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 07:24:58 PM »
bahhh :(

Yeah a lot of people struggle with this level. What you need to do is stack them as said, but after jumping as high as you can on the last guy, freeze, then swap to the guy below and jump up below him and freeze, and the same again with the bottom guy, and keep going in order to keep raising the tower higher.

It's attempting to teach a useful method of gaining height in the game, but clearly is a bit ineffective :(

edit: basically the secret to it is that you can swap a character in mid air and he will stay frozen there and can be stood on by the others, so you use them to boost eachother up. There's only so high you can get with this technique, and that height is the key
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:26:41 PM by ShaunJS »