Author Topic: Apology  (Read 3695 times)

hermanaki

• Tier 1
Apology
« on: April 05, 2012, 07:11:19 PM »
I can't remember having ever played a game that had such a wonderful story and music combined. There was so much heart in this game. I think that the creator should send this game to Pixar and try and get a job there. It would be the ideal environment to create more great stories. In any case, that's not what I wanted to say.

I admit of downloading the game from a torrent, but I felt so bad, not having payed for such an amazing experience that I instantly bought it, if only to help the creator. This game had more heart than all the games of the past decade put together. Absolutely beautiful.

I could talk for hours about this game and all the little things that make it great but, this post was just to apologise and congratulate the creator for such a great game. It is good to know that there still are some talented people around that care about the things that matter.

Take care,

Nick

Tumbles

• 海が私の心です。
  • Tier 7
  • I am who I am, but not yet.
    • Big Palooka
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
Re: Apology
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 07:19:51 PM »
Hello, welcome to the forums  :hug:

I agree with what you said about Reives being talented and caring about the things that matter :) Not sure if Pixar's the place to be, because he's more a game kind of guy. I think Freebird Games should merge with thatgamecompany! Those games would be astronomically mindblowing.

Anyways, hope to see you round the forums a bit, with lots and lots of juicy posts. :)

Spoiler: show

~

Unimaginative Username

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 07:34:41 PM »
Welcome to the forums.

That's what game companies should do to reduce piracy; make the game so good it makes the person actually want to buy it instead of the SOPA rubbish which only succeeds in irritating everyone. Either way game will still get pirated but getting someone to change their mind and then buy it willingly is far better than forcing them to.

octagon

• Tier 2
  • pilfers the teapots of guileless commoners
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 04:44:15 AM »
I refuse to play the demo for this reason; I have no way to purchase anything online, but from what I've heard about the To the Moon and my experience with Quintessencet, I'll definitely want to play the entire game at all costs, and I don't want to pirate it.
"That's crazy talk, why would I possibly pick up a mushroom?"

Unimaginative Username

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 04:56:54 AM »
Get someone you know who has a credit card to buy it for you and then pay them back in cash.

aNOMNOMNOMaly

• Tier 1
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 10:28:46 PM »
I made this account just now to say that I did indeed originally pirate this game (as I do most games) and I also paid for it immediately after finishing (which I did in one sitting... I couldn't get away from it).  Very well portrayed game/novel and never been more satisfied with a purchase lol especially after finishing the game.

Can't wait for the second one.

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 03:16:02 AM »
Hey guys and welcome to the forum.

This is the type of posts I'd like to show these as**oles who are making SOPA PIPA ACTA etc. I might play a small part in this game development but it still warms my heart to read the feedback like this and want to thank Reives again that he gave me this opportunity.

Anyway hope you guys will hang around ^^
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

LamontX

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 03:50:26 AM »
In my case, I watched a Let's Play before actually playing it... It's not that bad, really! You should be glad you ever got to hear of this game instead of sad because you didn't pay for it (yet?).

seamusfish

• Tier 2
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 04:24:02 AM »
You bought it.  I don't want to speak for Reives, but I like to think that's what matters.

I pirated this game also, then bought it, and am now a Freebird customer for life.  I always do it this way, I have wasted money on too many half-completed, soul-less big-budget games/movies/albums not to.  As a musician, I have given my music away for free for years.  People then come to my shows, support me, and buy hand-stamped copies of my records just because they appreciate my work.  This model works.

Reives: You should add a tips option to your next release (the way trauma did ($5 + (pay what you can) in that case).  I want to support you in making a living crating games the way you want to, and this game was worth more than $13 to me.

AnKun

• Tier 2
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 10:33:49 AM »
Hello, welcome to the forums  :hug:

I agree with what you said about Reives being talented and caring about the things that matter :) Not sure if Pixar's the place to be, because he's more a game kind of guy. I think Freebird Games should merge with thatgamecompany! Those games would be astronomically mindblowing.

Anyways, hope to see you round the forums a bit, with lots and lots of juicy posts. :)

I'm sorry if I'm a bit on the pessimistic side, but I doubt any somewhat big company would take games such as To the Moon. Because 95% of gamer kiddies (who bring most of the profit) wants graphiczz, cliche stories and gameplay (what we call pop). They don't want emotions or atmospehere, or else there wouldn't be so many shitty soul-less games and movies as there are today. Really good, deep, emotional art pieces (be it of any medium, not just games) are a prerogative of minority.

"After all, millions of flies cannot be wrong"