Author Topic: 关于最后一段场景的疑问  (Read 7129 times)

lin134340

• Tier 1
Re: 关于最后一段场景的疑问
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 09:33:16 AM »
As a Chinese, i feel it may not be suitable to post in English cause of misunderstand. However, it's really a good story, especially for Chinese. I mean, the way of the love of johnny and river, although lacking of true communication. It's powerful strength of love of whole life which attracting people so much.

Tumbles

• 海が私の心です。
  • Tier 7
  • I am who I am, but not yet.
    • Big Palooka
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
Re: 关于最后一段场景的疑问
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 09:46:27 AM »
Well said :)

Spoilers ahead.  :o

Spoiler: show
I think you're right in saying that what makes Johnny and River's relationship so strong is the bond they share that goes deeper than just verbal communication.

I think that Johnny's love is far stronger than Johnny's memories, and that perhaps they are completely separate entities. Johnny doesn't remember meeting with River when he was young, except for a small memory in the subconscious, but despite the lack of memory, it's clearly where his love for her started. It's the reason he walked up to her in school, and always had the drive to be with her.

All I'm saying is that despite Johnny's memories changing, his love for River was always there. The love was far more powerful than his memories could ever be, that's why I'm okay with him changing his memories. I feel that Johnny changed his memories to transform his love for her into a form that he could understand, that being travelling to the moon together, and living a life together that he felt they deserved to have.

I hope that makes sense, and not too much gets lost in translation.  :)

Spoiler: show

~