Author Topic: ACTA  (Read 1700 times)

atommo

• Tier 7
  • Awesomeness :D
  • Current Mood: cool cool
ACTA
« on: March 06, 2012, 01:54:05 PM »
Well since this is a pretty big thing and the fact that many people oppose it this thread can be here for discussions. Personally I can't see this working and so many others feel the same, yet it is only those few, corrupt companies that want to have more control over the internet. I heard on the radio not only a few minutes ago about ISPs complaining about it not being possible to send warning letters to users suspected of infringement and maybe disconnect them yet they are still being told they will have to. I am surprised it has come this far, as it sounds so hard to believe something so radical can actually exist. How will people add to things, like make music remixes and all the liking? Artists depend on places like youtube to get their songs out there, so if you have to buy things from the start you won't get many people wanting to part with their money in economic times like these when they don't even know if the music they're going to get is good.

What I wonder is if ACTA does come to power, will it last and if not, how long could it hold out? [I can imagine the protests outside parliament on the TV where I am, and maybe riots] >_>

I still think its out of order that someone, maybe even an entire household, could get disconnected from the internet from one person posting a video with some popular music in it.

EDIT: I thought there was a topic on it but I didn't see it when i was searching :/ Guess i'll just put this post on there then
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:51:37 PM by atommo »
The sentence below is false
The sentence above is true

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
Re: ACTA
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 02:26:56 PM »
Actually we already have an ACTA topic:

http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=3828.0
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)