Author Topic: Need a little help  (Read 3068 times)

Aeon

• Tier 2
  • aka: dantemibu
Need a little help
« on: October 01, 2007, 05:27:30 PM »
Well, in the game i'm making called Revelations(but i think i will change it) After you do a certain event it teleports you to a new map. But this map is just like another map except without the same npcs/transfers. And when the event finally teleports the player to it he can't move at all. I have alot of 'down' sprites about, and i made in the event action button/wait 999 frames/erase event. So how can I make him move about since he is just kinda 'stuck' there.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Need a little help
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 05:58:52 PM »
event action button/wait 999 frames/erase event
There's a good chance it has to do with that wait-999-frames part. How do you trigger that wait event? Everything except parallel process will cause the player to be incapable during the duration. I'm not really sure what exactly that event is though, if you can take a screenshot I can be more helpful.

Aeon

• Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 06:34:16 PM »
here it is, i took out the wait 999 frames and stuff.

P.S. I would also like to know how i could add flames on buildings and such to that map aswell..

Freebird Games

• Administrator
  • Tier 7
  • Reives is my servant.
    • Freebird Games {Quintessence - TBV, The Mirror Lied, Do You Remember My Lullaby}
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 12:30:05 PM »
Eh, that doesn't really show anything. What're you trying to do and what's the problem now?

The flames can be done with flame char-sets, found on rmxp.org's graphic data base.

Aeon

• Tier 2
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 04:29:55 PM »
Thats another thing i need to do, learn how to put stuff into my game besides the default. And all i want them "down" npcs to do is just lay there and maybe a text saying or so on action button, but it dont have to be.

Freebird Games

• Administrator
  • Tier 7
  • Reives is my servant.
    • Freebird Games {Quintessence - TBV, The Mirror Lied, Do You Remember My Lullaby}
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 05:24:44 PM »
Eh, then put the trigger on action button and put a message on the event? I'm confused, what's the problem? D:

Aeon

• Tier 2
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 05:41:38 PM »
When the event teleports me to the location with all the dead soldiers it doesn't allow my player to move around..

Freebird Games

• Administrator
  • Tier 7
  • Reives is my servant.
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 05:51:15 PM »
Did it teleport the player onto a impassable object? Are there any auto-run events on the new map? Does your teleporting event have a bunch of wait command after the teleport command?

Aeon

• Tier 2
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 05:56:27 PM »
Did it teleport the player onto a impassable object? Are there any auto-run events on the new map? Does your teleporting event have a bunch of wait command after the teleport command?

No, the object is passable. No autoruns. And the only thing i have before the teleport command is like a text sentence, should i put a wait after that to make it work?

Freebird Games

• Administrator
  • Tier 7
  • Reives is my servant.
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 06:11:50 PM »
Nope. Mm, I can't really say since I don't have all the info here, and often there are little unexpected silly things causing it. If it's small enough, can you send me a copy of the game file for those parts? It'll be easier to troubleshoot with the actual thing.

Aeon

• Tier 2
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 06:24:56 PM »
Alright, I sent you a pm with it in there.  ;D