Author Topic: [spoiler]Something pop up in my mind  (Read 3951 times)

4 IN 1

• Tier 2
[spoiler]Something pop up in my mind
« on: January 30, 2012, 09:39:59 AM »
Spoiler: show
In Chapter 1, when Neil and Eve reach to the point where Johnny and River gets marry by the lighthouse, there is a moment where River are staring at a roadkill when they just arrived at the wedding site, since the scene is followed by Johnny and River visiting the farm to ride horse, which also have a roadkill there, normally we will link both event together, however what if River stare at the roadkill because of a deeper reason then remembering the time they share in farm? What if, after all, River already know about Johnny pass where Joey is killed by the time they get married?

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
Re: [spoiler]Something pop up in my mind
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 10:45:17 AM »
Possible but unlikely. Joey and River never met.
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

SenorKaffee

• Bean there, done that.
  • Tier 4
  • Schnabeltier
    • kollisionsabfrage - bricks of videogame culture
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 10:19:32 AM »
This is open for discussion. We don't know what happened between their first meeting and their second first meeting in school. I think River never got to know the Wyles family when she was young, their yearly meetings were in secret, if there was more than one meeting at all.

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 01:40:00 PM »
IMHO there was. up till high school.

Crusism

• Tier 3
  • Life is beautiful, just look around you.
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 04:41:01 PM »
Well, John forgot.

As for River, she got the idea to meet him at the same place again or on the moon.

Coincidentally, they both met each other in high school. River remembers him but John had no recollection. Also the reason why River didn't reject John to ask her out.

The rabbit was a reminder of their childhood but sort of like, "it's dead". This possibly haunted her as a memory.

River never met Joey. John was thought as Joey soon after Joey's death by his mother and again, John can't remember. Therefore, River also got the idea that Joey was Johnny's grandfather or someone important to John's mother, but never thought of as his brother.

To conclude, I agree with Merlandese idea in another topic as a way it could've been to solve everything and have the best ending to satisfy everyone without Sigmund's help nor any controversial issues:
John: "If we ever get separated, we'll just meet up on the moon!"

River: "Do you have Facebook?"

John: "We can do that, too."

Or this from Raxie Pie which is equivalently as good:
John: "If we ever get separated, we'll just meet up on the moon!"

River: "Impossible. NASA has discontinued any manned missions to the moon since December 19, 1972, during the Apollo 17. There is no incentive the American government to return since the citizens believe it's a waste of taxpayer's money."

John: "ಠ_ಠ"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 04:47:30 PM by Crusism »

"In life, we do things. Some, we wish we had never done and some we wish we could replay a million times. They make us who we are and, in the end, they shape and detail us. If we were to reserve them, we wouldn’t be the person we are today. So, just live. Make mistakes and have wonderful memories. But, never second guess who you are, where you’ve been and, most importantly, where you’re going."

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 05:27:16 PM »
I'd rather think of Johnny as one of our generation. When I was young as he was in his earliest memories there was no facebook ;) Just reminding that facebook is only 8 years old.

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 06:19:23 PM »
Lance is right. When you wanted to resume contact with a lost loved one, you had to resort to the primitive forms of communication our generation relied upon in the early 90s or late 80s. To help place Johnny and River, we ought to refer to this loose timeline.

Evolution of Communication:

Body Gestures ==> Grunts ==> Crude Art (not to be confused with "Modern Art") ==> Spoken Language ==>

Symbolic Figures ==> Written Language ==> Greek Forum ==> Hand-written Letters/Books ==>

Printing Press ==> Photographic Imaging ==> Telephone ==> Radio Waves==>

Television/Video ==> Moon Meetings ==> Internet ==> Facebook ==> ? ? ?

Crusism

• Tier 3
  • Life is beautiful, just look around you.
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 03:24:38 AM »
I get what both of you mean. Honestly, I felt that Johnny met River in the near 70s. Though I can't help but think how funny it would be if we had a weird alternate endings like that. And no worries, I know Facebook is 8 years old with its first year being a university social network.

"In life, we do things. Some, we wish we had never done and some we wish we could replay a million times. They make us who we are and, in the end, they shape and detail us. If we were to reserve them, we wouldn’t be the person we are today. So, just live. Make mistakes and have wonderful memories. But, never second guess who you are, where you’ve been and, most importantly, where you’re going."

Unimaginative Username

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 01:43:56 PM »
I imagine that they would of been born at around 1984 - 1990 on the basis that there were computers in their school that had flat screens. The first flat LCD computer monitors appeared in the mid-1990s, or so wikipedia says, but cost a lot of money.

I don't understand the American school tiers but I presume that they are in High School when they meet and that would mean they are between 14 and 16 I guess. Theoretically they could be at school in 1996 at around sixteen years of age but their school would have to of been pretty rich.

Therefore facebook and other stuff like it would not have been created at the time of the first meeting and the plot remains intact.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 01:52:55 PM by Unimaginative Username »

Judedeath

• ~Insert Japanese things here~
  • Tier 7
  • JOHN-PEE-AIR!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 12:50:00 AM »
I imagine that they would of been born at around 1984 - 1990 on the basis that there were computers in their school that had flat screens. The first flat LCD computer monitors appeared in the mid-1990s, or so wikipedia says, but cost a lot of money.

I don't understand the American school tiers but I presume that they are in High School when they meet and that would mean they are between 14 and 16 I guess. Theoretically they could be at school in 1996 at around sixteen years of age but their school would have to of been pretty rich.

Therefore facebook and other stuff like it would not have been created at the time of the first meeting and the plot remains intact.

http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=3537.msg143711#msg143711
Old River was as dead as a doornail, this must be distinctly understood or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am about to relate.

Unimaginative Username

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 01:14:15 PM »
Well since I had no idea about when the animorphs went to print i would say my guess was fairly accurate since I guess Joey was around 8 when reading them. Possibly 1987 - 1988 was when they were born then?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:18:01 PM by Unimaginative Username »