Author Topic: Just a black windowscreen  (Read 1522 times)

Siddhartha

• Tier 2
Just a black windowscreen
« on: January 24, 2012, 11:54:58 AM »
Hey guys :-)

Yesterday I downloaded the trial version of To The Moon and I was really excited to play. But I have a problem. After installing and running the client, all I get is a black window. I tried, and tried and came upon the idea to run it in compatibility mode - WORKS! YES! But it was late and so I played for 5 minutes to see if everything was okay and went to bed. Today after getting up, I wanted to play and had the same problem with the black window. Even though I ran it in compatibility mode and with admin's rights.
Heck, I even downloaded a crack, because I thought maybe the trial client was corrupted but even that gave me the same problem.  No error, nothing. Just a black window.

I use a notebook with Windows 7 with a second screen connected (I also tried it without second screen - same results). Hope you guys can help me :(

Sorry for my flawed English, by the way :)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Just a black windowscreen
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 11:58:40 AM »
Heya Sidd. Hmm, that's strange. . . have you tried the suggestions on this thread?:
http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=3348.0

Siddhartha

• Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 12:45:15 PM »
Hey Reives, thanks for that fast reply :)

Yes I did. Well except for 1 (threads 404'd), 6 (I don't seem to have the same DXDIAG stuff on Windows 7) and 7 (Codecs not available, though I believe everything is properly updated)

The strange thing about it is, that it worked yesterday - that's what I especially wonder about and I have absolutely no idea what else I could try. :(

Siddhartha

• Tier 2
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 09:52:41 PM »
Ahm, I kind of solved it. Ironically, my last resort of a "solution" was just pressing ANY key on my keyboard in a random order. Suddenly the game started. But without pressing an F-key (still not sure which one) it only gives me the black screen. Weird. But now I started the game and couldn't be more happy.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 10:29:56 PM »
Huh, weird. But that's awesome that it got solved. :p Hope you enjoy it!