Author Topic: To the Moon on Mac  (Read 19651 times)

novecento89

• Tier 1
To the Moon on Mac
« on: January 14, 2012, 01:57:44 AM »
I am a Mac user and I really want to buy this game. It is so creative and awesome! The reviews are great! Is it a possibility or not ?

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: To the Moon on Mac
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 03:30:44 AM »
I'm definitely hoping to port it to both Mac & Linux! The barrier right now isn't a matter of motivation, but technical. There is something being developed by a group of people that would hopefully make it possible in the future, though, so fingers crossed. :)

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 05:28:05 AM »
Also if you know any Windows->mac shells or WINE-like programs for unix please send me PM.
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 11:39:37 AM »
(per a now removed post from the user saying he didn't want this to be a poll, I have turned it into a regular topic.)

ryukafalz

• Tier 1
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 12:10:37 AM »
I'm a Linux user, and I'd love to see a native port as well.  Would I be correct in assuming that the problem is lack of support in RPG Maker?

And if I were to buy a copy for Windows now, would I get the Linux version for free if it were to be ported?  Because if so I just may do that, especially if I can get it running in WINE.

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 01:18:53 AM »
And if I were to buy a copy for Windows now, would I get the Linux version for free if it were to be ported?  Because if so I just may do that, especially if I can get it running in WINE.

If you'd like to buy the copy for Windows now and it gets released in a Linux version, just PM me and I'll purchase your Linux version, if it comes to that. It would probably be a long time coming, but you can send me a PM if that's ever the case and I'll hook you up. :) Consider it a little extension of Freebird love.

ryukafalz

• Tier 1
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 12:20:18 PM »

If you'd like to buy the copy for Windows now and it gets released in a Linux version, just PM me and I'll purchase your Linux version, if it comes to that. It would probably be a long time coming, but you can send me a PM if that's ever the case and I'll hook you up. :) Consider it a little extension of Freebird love.

Well thanks. :)

Having trouble getting the demo to work in WINE, but I'll leave that to its own topic if I can't figure it out.

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 04:12:53 PM »
Well thanks. :)

Having trouble getting the demo to work in WINE, but I'll leave that to its own topic if I can't figure it out.

^Erm... Yeah. WINE doesn't have necessary .dll (aka Dynamic-link libraries) for RPGMaker, in which To the Moon is made. If you're familiar with WINE ranking the PRGMaker is in Bronze category and as far as I was trying I didn't came up with a way how to get it working so far. So sorry for this, bus as far as it's go now it's just for windows.  :seraisweat:  :platquack:
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 06:15:00 AM »
Sorry for digging out this old topic, but it is the first result from Freebirdgames.com if you google "to the moon for mac" and I'm sure a lot of people still don't know that To The Moon is officially released for Mac and Linux too.
You can purchase
To The Moon for Mac, Linux and Windows on Steam
or
To The Moon for Mac, Linux and Windows on Desura
And hopefully on other stores too.

There are also language packs that let you play To The Moon in German, French, Spanish, Latin American Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russian, Portuguese, Turkish and Korean on Mac and Linux.

If you liked To The Moon, you will probably like these games too:
To The Moon Holiday Special for Mac
To The Moon Holiday Special for Linux
German translation of To The Moon Holiday Special for Mac
Chinese translation of To The Moon Holiday Special for Mac, Linux and Windows

The Mirror Lied for Mac
The Mirror Lied for Linux

Do You Remember My Lullaby for Mac

compac

• Tier 1
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 01:12:25 AM »
 thanks for responding. Unfortunately the file isn't there. Which is weird because it shows up in my Library in the Steam app.
Sign up with 70-412 brain dumps ccna for getting incredible online testking courses testking.net - JN0-343 brain dumps and artinstitutesmiami We also provide best www.tabor.edu

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 09:43:01 AM »
thanks for responding. Unfortunately the file isn't there. Which is weird because it shows up in my Library in the Steam app.

Déjà vu.  :facepalm:
http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=5856.msg187030#msg187030

Some of these bots are obsessed with my name, one of them removes my name from the post they are duplicating, the other one puts my name in their signature!