Author Topic: Mm'kay so I slacked off for a moment  (Read 2989 times)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Mm'kay so I slacked off for a moment
« on: August 19, 2008, 05:45:46 PM »
and wrote this song:

http://www.quintessence-tbv.com/Birthday_CakeWIP-KanReivGao.mp3

(Still work-in-progress.)

This is actually for a very short story originally planned to be made after the Quintessence release, but I've been getting such an inspiration for it recently - I might just end up doing it in the near future. It is really short anyway, so it'll only take than less than a day.

Anyhow, hope ya enjoy this WIP. But it's best to not to listen to it too much (just in case), since it would take away the impact of when it is actually used.  :reivsmile:

(The finished result will be available for use for any projects as well.)

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
Re: Mm'kay so I slacked off for a moment
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 07:31:53 PM »
Very endearing! I love it. You might want to rerecord it though, because (on my computer at least) the music box sound distorts really bad.

I think the waltzish rhythm kinda reminded me, but it might be really awesome to make 3/4 To Realize, maybe major, with some organish thing so it sounds like a carousel and stick it in the carnival. That'd be kinda fun.
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 08:19:26 PM »
Oh, distorted in which way? I don't seem to have the problem here.

I wish To Realize could've been a song made in 3/4 time. D: I only knew of 4/4 time back then, but now 3/4 is my favourite time signature. I think I'll try to get the melody to still sound familiar in 3/4 when I get the chance, though!

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 09:29:11 AM »
Okay, it's probably my computer then. Don't worry about it.
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
Ethnic revision
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 03:23:58 PM »
Okey. And ah, that's true with the volume; I turned the cello's solo up now. Actually, I'm also experimenting with different instruments. . .

http://www.freebirdgames.com/EHBirthday_CakeWIP-KanReivGao.mp3

^With a certain ethnic instrument in place of the cello. Do you guys think it's better to have that playing the part in this song?

P.S. Extra cool-points for anyone who knows which ethnic instrument that is. :p

P.P.S. The new intro of Quintessence is almost fully complete; it's about 25-30 minutes or so.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:26:25 AM by Question Mark? »

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 07:28:39 PM »
I think it's an erhu, or at least some string instrument in the huqin family. I actually might buy one of those sometime this week! Curious to see what that would do to my violin playing.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 08:07:25 PM »
D: It is an erhu. Wow, that's awesome that you're getting one. It's one of my favourite ethnic instruments; my favourite orchestral instruments are cello and oboe.

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 10:23:36 PM »
Yeah, erhu is one of my favorites. With you on the cello and oboe, though I'd probably add french horn too. I actually just realized that I was so excited I knew what the instrument was, I forgot to answer your first question! I don't really have a favorite in the erhu vs. cello discussion. The erhu is really cool and different, but I do think that the cello sounds a little bit richer, so it's kind of a tie.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 01:19:07 AM »
Ah yeah, french horn's a good one too as I like mellow sounds. Plus my old high school crush played it, hahah.

I think what I'll do is to use the cello version for the in-game scenes, and use the erhu one for the credits. Arrg, so much to do so little time. D: