Author Topic: Achievement: Avid Fan Acquired  (Read 1346 times)

Aight

• Tier 1
Achievement: Avid Fan Acquired
« on: December 30, 2011, 08:19:26 AM »
Just completed the game, although the reviews raised my expectations (bit too high apparently someone said tear-jerking) got me thinking but not crying "Rivers"
Definitely a well written game and the 16-bit animation may seem unusual for PC but it seemed perfect for the game, slammed the simplicity out there
Oh and not to mention the soundtrack, I actually waited moments listening while figuring out the keys on my piano

I don't think it'd be easy to top this game story-wise
Tip. Keep the 16-bit graphics, and portraits on moments that count only, I think its a good step back from how all the gaming industry has been approaching graphics

Side note: I like how there was a few potholes (was it even intentional) keeps the mystery.. like how we weren't told River had autism, but I figured when Eva had suspicions (too early on)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:22:19 AM by Aight »

Crusism

• Tier 3
  • Life is beautiful, just look around you.
  • Current Mood: tired tired
Re: Achievement: Avid Fan Acquired
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 09:17:41 AM »
Ask away about the plot holes.

River has shown most of the symptoms throughout the entire story. She doesn't directly has autism. Instead she has Asperger syndrome, a pervasive developmental disorder under the autism spectrum disorders.

River has difficulty involving objects of interest to other people. She also has delay in motor controls as well as being clumsy sometimes. Other than that, she's over-focused and presented facts about her interest but never seems to have a proper end, along with a few times not noticing that people have lost or don't have interest in specific topics. Lastly if looked closely, she's aloof and has problems with eye contact.

Eva speculated it from paying attention at how River acted throughout the memories. That is why during the clinic scene, she wasn't suprised.

"In life, we do things. Some, we wish we had never done and some we wish we could replay a million times. They make us who we are and, in the end, they shape and detail us. If we were to reserve them, we wouldn’t be the person we are today. So, just live. Make mistakes and have wonderful memories. But, never second guess who you are, where you’ve been and, most importantly, where you’re going."