Author Topic: I have a Question  (Read 1804 times)

Ausworthar

• Tier 1
I have a Question
« on: December 26, 2011, 04:00:10 AM »
Spoiler: show
I finished the game a couple of hours ago, and what still struck me most was what happened to River when the modified memory stabilised, when she got dragged away by two guys and poor lil Johnny turned to see a book lying by the staircase, with River nowhere in sight.

Any answers regarding that ?

Crusism

• Tier 3
  • Life is beautiful, just look around you.
  • Current Mood: tired tired
Re: I have a Question
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 06:27:36 AM »
For this scene, Eva couldn't use River for any purpose to push John to his dream as she would be a distraction. Therefore, she was just merely brought to another place. A place where she could continue accordingly to Johnny's memory to pursue her aim to go to the moon to be reunited with John as promised to meet each other during an earlier memory.

Since Eva couldn't remove the beta blockers from history, she brought back Joey instead who would be with John to walk him through his dream to go to the moon so he wouldn't be alone and give up midway. However, the beta blockers still had an impact on John and even though his mother didn't go crazy and his brother didn't die. So John could not remember the promise. Since Joey survived the earlier memory, he was able to remind and encourage John.

That's how they both end up going to NASA because they were both away from each other and were focused on getting to the moon whether concious or not about meeting each other.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 06:37:12 AM by Crusism »

"In life, we do things. Some, we wish we had never done and some we wish we could replay a million times. They make us who we are and, in the end, they shape and detail us. If we were to reserve them, we wouldn’t be the person we are today. So, just live. Make mistakes and have wonderful memories. But, never second guess who you are, where you’ve been and, most importantly, where you’re going."

SenorKaffee

• Bean there, done that.
  • Tier 4
  • Schnabeltier
    • kollisionsabfrage - bricks of videogame culture
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: I have a Question
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 03:06:50 AM »
For what actually happened in the alternate memory is up to speculation.

The move doesn't look consensual. It's doesn't even look physically possible since the shadows and River vanish through the wall.

Maybe the Sliders picked her up to travel through alternate universes, maybe it was her family that dragged her to another city, maybe it was the Ghost of Christmas Past who wanted her to believe in the dream of going to the moon.