Author Topic: Thoughts/Wishlist for Episode 2  (Read 121306 times)

tekanubis

• Tier 1
Re: Thoughts/Wishlist for Episode 2
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2014, 02:58:57 PM »
My wish would be for you guys to release Episode 2 in the near future.

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2014, 06:40:22 PM »
My wish would be for you guys to release Episode 2 in the near future.

YES! YES! Seeing that "A Bird Story", which is only meant to be a short (how short are we talking?), is taking many years to make, I wonder how long it will be till the next full episode :(
Not much I can think of otherwise that I'd put on the wishlist for the next episode. Apart from that I'd love an ending that is more ... how to say it best ... well. Like some other people whose opinion I heard in Let's Plays or forum threads, I think the ending of TTM seems less and less happy the more you think about it:
Johnny got what he wanted, both to be with River and the moon trip.
But ... it was all fake.
But ... River still died without having reached her goal.
But ... not even the doctors could make Johnny remember the things before the betablockers, even though reminding him of their first meeting was nearly all River had cared about before she died - her wish never came true. And so on. Means while I looove the story, I kind of have trouble with the ending.
Therefore, I would love it if the work of Eva and Neil leads to something tangible that cannot be "but-ed" away that easily. Bittersweet is okay. Just  ... more sweet ... maybe ...? That stays sweet even when you ponder it for a while?
Of course, those are just things *I* would love - suggestions.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:42:01 PM by Sun »

yuonishii

• Tier 1
« Reply #167 on: January 29, 2014, 11:25:23 PM »
- Multiple Endings
Multiple endings can be dictated on what kind of choices the player makes and/or how many/what kind of mementos the player collects. This could really give the game replay-ability and possibly make the story more interesting.
- Younger Patient
I know this might be even more depressing, but I can't help but think about how a younger patient might play out. Of course, this would also bring a stronger emotional impact. John was an old man and did not have any immediate family members who were alive. A younger person with many relatives and maybe, with some of those relatives disagreeing with the works of Sigmund also might be interesting. This would also challenge Neil & Eva's values on altering one's memories as not only would they have to deal with the uncomfortable feeling of messing with a younger persons memory (assuming they haven't), but they would also have to face the relatives of the patient where there might be a more in depth explanation and bigger conflict of the protests and opposing views toward the Sigmund corporation.
- Distrust/Greater Conflict between Neil and Eva
So far Neil and Eva have simply been bickering the whole time. There has been no conflicts, except for when Neil tries to stop Eva from erasing river from John's memories. (I really don't know where you're going with those painkillers but that could definitely be apart of this)
- Patient is close and/or a relative of one of the doctors
If the doctors had to see themselves in the memories of a loved one (or even erase themselves out of a memory entirely), how would this make them feel? Again, this would challenge Dr. Watts and Dr. Rosalene. They would have to question if what they're doing is morally right. I could see the doctors questioning their values of altering memories of the patients in more depth (in the minisode this issue is addressed but could definitely be revisited in Ep. 2).
- More character development/information on the doctors
Throughout the episodes it would be nice to see some of the doctors past: Why did they want to work at Sigmund? Was there something that happened in their past that made them interested in this job? I realize this is just a regular job to them, but all of us have a back-story and they do have very peculiar jobs. It would be nice to know a little more about them. (Which there is no doubt to me that we will as it has already been demonstrated in the minisode and parts in TtM).
- Doctors come face to face with Protester's and opposing perspectives of Sigmund Co.
I know I kind of keep on bringing this up, but I would really like to see the opposers perspectives on the doctors and the overall company. I would also like to see what Watts and Rolsaene would do coming face to face with them, and how conversation that might play out (again, challenging their views on altering one's memory).
Notes--
It also might be interesting if the patient they were using the machine on did not die, possibly creating a glitch in the system or a problem with the patient's mental stability (we can see what happens to a patient if they don't die and the threats to someone with an altered memory).

These are just suggestions!:D Some of them are kind of far-fetched> <; so don't feel obligated to include them.
I'm just a huge fan of To The Moon and I can't wait for the release of Bird Story and To The Moon Ep. 2!
Thank you for making these games and keep up the good work!(^o^)o

Monochrome

• Tier 2
« Reply #168 on: February 25, 2014, 12:30:55 PM »
My first thoughts about To The Moon's environment in general is that the idea is so unique and original, also in that sense it is extremely applicable to many many things, and has great potential to have a lot of sequels. Just think about it. The whole 'going-back-into-memories' thing could last a while, with a lot of patients.
This game.... It changed my life. Literally. As I am still a younger teen, (Played this when I was 11 or 12, Don't let my age fool you ;) ) it has completely transformed my view on the world and is not only my favorite game, but one of my favorite anything on this planet. I am a huge huge HUGE sucker for Soundtracks and I must say, Laura and Reives, you have made yourself a seat next to the all-holy ever-divine goddess, Yoko Kanno*angel choir singing*. That, my friend, is unbelievable. Take as much pride in that as you will. I have had a hard time believing you could come up with something so perfect as To The Moon, so I played your other games/stories, and I believe you can do it!
You guys have also inspired me to write my own soundtracks for my friends in high school's short films, games, mini-series and more. I have wanted to do something musical secretly since I was... 4, I think? And loved Soundtracks since POTC came out... (Hans Zimmer is just... Ughhh.) Until after this game, I never thought I could do anything other than use my brain (Encyclopedia is what you called River, right?). But now, I believe I can, indeed, do it. (And more recently I've been really really into the 16-bit-ish style of these games, have been playing others that aren't Freebird likeMelolune and Mad Father, and would love to make my own one day.)THIS IS GETTING WAY OFF TOPIC SORRY BUT HSDGVAFD I CANT STOP TALKING ABOUT HOW FABULOUS YOU ALL ARE AND MEGHHHH

Things I hope for for the game in comparison to the first episode:
~~I think having interesting and amazing characters are one of my favorite parts of TTM. Keep picking amazing, funny, underestimated, unique and all kinds of different people in your stories.
~~The HUMOR. I think part of me died laughing whilst playing the game. And the minisode as well. KEEP IT FUNNY and the good kind of funny, lots of references XD
~~SOUNDTRACKKKK. 'nuff said.
~~Feels. Them feels made me cry. And if you knew me, you'd be gasping. I don't cry. Ever. Anything. No Titanic, no Notebook. (those weren't even sad but whatever). I didn't cry on Elfen Lied or Clannad either!  :o My means of expressing emotions is blanking out and ignoring everyone. Well, let me tell you this: I cried for a week straight after TTM and every time I play it again I shed at LEAST a tear at Isabelle's monologue-thingy and Everything's Alright. Gosh, you guys have done something to me that nobody has ever done before. And I like it, No, I LOVE it. It makes me feel human for a bit :) Just make them very emotional and beautiful!!
~~ I love the antique-ness of the pixellized environment. Awkward sentence, but whatever. Don't change it. And I know you won't, because I remember reading somewhere that you like the style a lot or something, and plus, all your games are like that anyways, so yeah.
~~I loved all the hidden pieces to the puzzle and metaphors that I keep picking up on every time I play this game. They are so important to the themes of the story yet require us to become deep thinkers. KEEP ADDING THEM PLEASE!

Things different from the game:
~~ The pixels made it hard to tell but from what I could tell there were an awful lot of white people. As a white person, I'd like if there were some more...color to the people? I know Eva's not white... But that's pretty much the only person I can think of (Besides Isabelle, she may not be white but could be.)
~~Hmm... Maybe if it were longer?? But if you choose to do this, make sure it's not lagging at parts and still has all of the adrenaline-filled surprises that To The Moon has!

OHHKAY This got really long so I'm gonna end it here! Maybe I'll have some more thoughts later, maybe not. Bye for now!

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #169 on: March 07, 2014, 08:26:46 PM »
I don't have a lot of ideas but I wouldn't want Kan to change a lot anyway. The love, the laughs, this game was a master piece. Keep it up. Also my wishes/ideas is that the relationship between the two doctors progress a little I know a lot of people probably want that and I personally think that episode 2 may be too soon to find out what the painkillers are for. Don't tell us anything! Call me crazy but that should be something for episode 3 or later BUT that's just what i think. And last but not least keep the feels going because i want to cry in it if its a good enough storyline. Thank you Kan, can't wait for this sequel.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:22:14 PM by Dragon Mage »
PLS FIX OUR FORUM PROFILES!! :'(

Anime_Stars

• Tier 2
  • The only person I can't escape is myself...
« Reply #170 on: March 13, 2014, 07:57:05 PM »
All I want is for it to be long, and to come out today.
Don't think that's happening for another year or so.
How to cosplay Hetalia: Step 1. Get a world map sign around your neck.
You're done!

Mr R.

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: sad sad
« Reply #171 on: September 13, 2014, 03:58:22 PM »
Robots! And ninjas! and robot-ninjas!! and FPS gameplay! and swords! and big final boss!!

Nah I'm kidding of course x)

Actually, the game that Kan Gao makes are excellent (like, did you play The Mirror Lied? Wasn't it amazing??)

But if I had to make requests... Having the characters to walk faster would be nice... And different kind of puzzles maybe? I wouldn't mind a bit of exploration/puzzle solving like in The Mirror Lied (I mean, looking for a key to open a thing, and moving a thing around unlocks an other thing, etc...)

But maybe I'm wrong? Y'know, if the public knew what it wants, it wouldn't be the public, it would be the artist

Bellomy

• Tier 2
« Reply #172 on: September 28, 2014, 11:16:16 AM »
DON'T KILL NEIL.

Kamilico

• Tier 2
« Reply #173 on: September 28, 2014, 07:08:25 PM »

Pep

• Tier 2
  • Pickled olives!
« Reply #174 on: November 09, 2014, 02:18:55 AM »
Another fake-rpg battle! Maybe a zombeil

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #175 on: November 10, 2014, 12:14:11 AM »
I'd actually like the kinda puzzles like in Ib, The Witch's House or Mad father :deepstuff:

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
  • Broke Reives' laptop :P
« Reply #176 on: December 06, 2014, 06:25:52 AM »
I cannot wish any more things, because To The Moon was literally perfect for me, PERFECT. And I don't deem every game perfect that easily. I just cannot wish for anything else but Finding Paradise to blow our minds in equal (or greater) power! Which most probably will, anyways!
Videogame developers are not gods that anyone should worship. I hereby decide that is my top existential reason to prove that horrible, horrible misconception, because that is becoming annoyingly rampant in every corner of the internet.  They can deserve critism, or thrashing even. It doesn't even need to be constructive critism. And even if you are a free game developer doesn't mean community is your personal ego farm.

Toilailee

• Tier 1
« Reply #177 on: April 06, 2015, 06:24:37 PM »
Hello

I just wanted to say that I just finished To The Moon and loved it. My only wish for episode 2 is that it isn't rushed out and ruined by doing so, other than that you clearly know better than me. Thanks, and eagerly waiting for episode 2.  :platquack:

Edit: Let me use WASD for moving rather than arrow keys.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 07:30:57 PM by Toilailee »

Austin Li

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: stressed stressed
« Reply #178 on: November 10, 2015, 08:25:57 AM »
I hope the story will be as mysterious as the first episode, because I absolutely loved the mysterious atmosphere Kan created in the story, and in my opinion that was what separates to the moon from any other average sad story that can hardly make me interested.

Also, I want loads of stars. I am obsessed with stars. They are absolutely beautiful. And the night sky. If you don't want to put stars in it then at least put some scenes that happen at night so I can see the night sky. The sunset is great. Or sunrise. BUT FIRST, STARS. Hell, put a whole #*$@^% universe up there.
I love milk.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #179 on: November 10, 2015, 03:19:51 PM »
I hope the story will be as mysterious as the first episode, because I absolutely loved the mysterious atmosphere Kan created in the story, and in my opinion that was what separates to the moon from any other average sad story that can hardly make me interested.

Also, I want loads of stars. I am obsessed with stars. They are absolutely beautiful. And the night sky. If you don't want to put stars in it then at least put some scenes that happen at night so I can see the night sky. The sunset is great. Or sunrise. BUT FIRST, STARS. Hell, put a whole #*$@^% universe up there.
Something tells me you like stars, lol :) I thing Finding Paradise is gonna be mysterious. Heck it isn't even out yet and I'm already at a loss.