Author Topic: Thoughts/Wishlist for Episode 2  (Read 117096 times)

divStar

• Tier 2
Re: Thoughts/Wishlist for Episode 2
« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2013, 04:46:43 PM »
I haven't read through all the pages, but imo the painkillers Neil seems to use, could be an information about the second episode.
It's just a theory, but perhaps Neil is the actual patient and people are working to give him memories so he can rest in peace once he dies. A bit like Inception perhaps? Cause in the very last scene it felt like he was still in someones memory, but it couldn't have been the memory of John, because that guy died in the scene(s) before.

I'd like to know more about the "main characters" - Neil (and perhaps Eva >_> though I didn't like her much).

Also: I'd love the soundtrack to be as good as the one from episode 1. Story should stay in main focus - and there should be perhaps something like "side-quests", that you're allowed to miss and nevertheless be able to finish the game, but for those who look around and run around seeking for something - they should find it if possible :).

Thanks though. The game was nice. Even though it was sad and happy at times, it was nice to see a game heavily centered around story and music.

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2013, 06:44:49 PM »
^Well your desire of having "sidequest" was somewhat granted even in first episode, because there are some optional things you can do and also I'm really surprised that I haven't seen much people discovering the Easter eggs.
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

kgptzac

• Tier 2
    • LeMU.Waterbottle
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2013, 05:28:17 AM »
I did not read the previous 10 pages, so (hopefully, to a degree) some of the ideas have been listed already.

- Character portraits.  It's easier to feel the emotions of different characters, and easier to relate to, if each can have a few "avatars" with different facial expressions.
- Replayability.  Player can choose play as Rosalene or Watts.  Like in episode 1, although two people mostly travel together, there are times that each of them would act alone, so get the full picture of the story, it's necessary to see through the eyes of both doctors.  Of course, this may cause the problem of redundant and repeated gameplay, but it can be solved easily with different methods.
- Longer scenario, more sound tracks.  I know this is easier to ask than actually do.  The first To the Moon was fun for its full length, and I think I'm not the only person longing for more.
- More "detective work" gameplay.  Give players more options when "investigating" each memory piece and allow players to options to choose what gets "implemented" in the new memory.  I know this naturally leads to multiple ending (which can be problematic), but I feel if it's done right, will be a great addition to the game.

trolly_oliver

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2013, 11:15:26 PM »
I think that we should see more into how John's story affects them. Is either of them deeply moved or disturbed by what's happening? They do add comments throughout the game that give you a slight idea of how they're feeling, but it lacks that "lesson learned" I guess.
Also, I think that the conversations between Neil and Eva were repetitive at certain points. Basically, Neil says/does something, and Eva comes back with "You're an idiot." (Lol)

Other than small adjustments like that, I cant really see anything majorly wrong with the game. :)
It's meant to be more of a story, although I think adding small parts where you have to figure things out would make the game more interactive.
I absolutely love this game to death. I just hope that Episode II can be nearly as good as the original.  <3

BLAKOSS

• Tier 1
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2013, 12:20:37 PM »
I think in episode 2 the patient should die before they can finish, which would lead to legal obligations in which watts would be evicted OR one of the doctors could die.

:caketime:

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2013, 01:42:47 PM »
^You think that things like like those wouldn't be covered in the contract they sing up? I hardly think so. Those doctors are treating patients on their deathbeds in the first place so I think it's nonsensical for them being lawfully pursued because the patient died before they could finish.
As far as death of the doctors the machine is bound to have some level of protection and death of the treated while the system is running is a an outcome of the machine in the first place. The death of the doctors would not happen just because the patient died before they could finish. The connection will simply interrupt. I think it would be like when the internet falls. You still have some information cached in the computer but that's about it the machine still goes on but can't access anything further so it'll mostly turn back into some standby regime or "white room" or something.
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Oink

• Tier 3
« Reply #156 on: June 04, 2013, 09:29:33 AM »
Gee it occurred to me that the next episode may even have nothing to do with last one's plot... Think about it, "To the moon episode 2", epic war between Earthings and Martians - Moon being the ultimate weapon to be unleashed by either side... Cameo appearances by Neil and Eva...

Ok I feel the trolls closing in, time to retreat. But seriously, how could the next episode sustain its title? Another old geezer wanting to land on the moon? I'm sure that could be done if done right... Actual moon landing instead of make-believe ones? Hmm, plausible, though somehow I don't forsee the next episode had anything to do with the title. It would be a shame to be disconnected from the previous episode's setting, but a continuity nod using the same title may be a little misleading if the plot's completely different. Ah bummer... I can begin to understand what a tough job Kan had...

Tumbles

• 海が私の心です。
  • Tier 7
  • I am who I am, but not yet.
    • Big Palooka
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #157 on: June 04, 2013, 09:37:33 AM »
...That picture was satirical. XD The game won't be that ridiculous. It also won't be called To the Moon 2.

Spoiler: show

~

Unimaginative Username

« Reply #158 on: June 04, 2013, 06:21:33 PM »
^^ The next episode is about someone who landed on the moon during their life; however, because of the training and work involved to get a job as an astronaut and also within the job itself they had to ignore other parts of their life completely during that time. The person in question had an ongoing relationship (with someone that they had known for a while) whilst they were trying to become an astronaut, unfortunately they become obsessed with their ultimate goal of going to the moon and it breaks down. The character goes to the moon and becomes famous because of it, but after it all subsides a bit they realise they miss the other person and can never really settle down with anyone else because of it.

Then dieing alone in their final days they wonder if going to the moon was worth it; what would it have been like if they had dropped that ambition and instead had a family with a not quite so prestigious job. Enter the Sigmund Corporation...

TL;DR
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 06:28:17 PM by The-PurpleOrange »

Oink

• Tier 3
« Reply #159 on: June 12, 2013, 01:10:47 PM »
 :reivsweat:

Oh... Kay....

How bout To The Moon 3?  :vikonsmile:

Quarks123

• Tier 1
« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2013, 12:43:50 PM »
I am to exited and nervous to read the hole thread, if someone has already mentioned the Idea, that i am about to write now.

NOTE: STORY SPOILERS BEGAN HERE!

Spoiler: show

it is not a Graphical or Gameplay Idea for the next Episode. Its a Story Idea for the next Episode
(or the 3rd, 4th whatever)

the end with neil whatts, let me thought a bit.  :deepstuff:

It's like eva is already in his mind and he doesn't know! maybe he had an car accident or something like that
(maybe its a little bit to much "inception" like, but it's a beatiful way to combine the story with the
"other to main characters" eva und neil

maybe there is something about his grandfather he told about. looking through the stars.
that would explain to, why eva in his mind changed "his" story to a moon based story somehow.

painkillers could explain some moments (like the end). Maybe we learn why neal is like he is.

that would be awesome. maybe david (he talks about him as a replacement for eva in the game....he smells) is in neils mind with eva. Maybe some "real!!!" relationship between eva and him, but she changes that to not hurt his feelings so bad.

i have tons of ideas for that. i would be awesome, or maybe i am just that stupid and nobody feels like that ?

anyway i just wanted to share what i am thinking of

about episode one, just bought it on steam even when i know the story from before, but this game needs to be pushed, promoted and i wanted to do the best i can do in my postion now.

Thanks for this beatiful game. i will never find a better story on a game, even a movie! this needs to get oscars.

i will now cry again, like i did before  :'(

EDIT:
after a few days, i just noticed, that Divstar wrote prettys much the same xD so this idead is like the best Szenario. People want THIZ ! xD
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 12:20:33 PM by Quarks123 »

Isabell

• Tier 1
« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2013, 04:00:42 PM »
I would like to be in a two episode was equally touching story of what the episode 1. Because the game "To the Moon" is the first game so touching and I would like to continue her this was too. I think the community needs these valuable games that show beautiful and touching stories about love and dreams come true.

Noracto

• Tier 2
« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2013, 08:08:38 PM »
All I want is for the sequel to make me feel the way that To the Moon made me feel

But I dont think it should be too similar..otherwise your just playing the same game twice
so maybe add some more character development for Niel and Eva

................................................................................
NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT
................................................................................

Maybe somewhere down the road Niel and Eva change the memories of someone who they thought was dying...but then made a full recovery.
This makes the "Not so dead guy" come back with all these memories that ARE NOT REAL  D':

Niel and Eva then have to go back in and try to fix his memory back to the way it was before  8)
A good game Has:
1. A good story
2. AWESOME Music

Dr. Zooks McCoy

• Tier 7
  • Dr. Rodney McKay's female sidekick
    • Soundcloud
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2013, 08:11:13 PM »
Maybe somewhere down the road Niel and Eva change the memories of someone who they thought was dying...but then made a full recovery.
This makes the "Not so dead guy" come back with all these memories that ARE NOT REAL  D':

Niel and Eva then have to go back in and try to fix his memory back to the way it was before  8)

Man, that would be nuts! XD But cognitive dissonance dictates that the results wouldn't be as permanent as they seem. It'd be an interesting idea to explore. :o

Erichermit

• Tier 4
    • Facebook for Pelagic Games
« Reply #164 on: January 03, 2014, 04:44:18 AM »
Not sure why I put it off for so long, but I only just now finally got around to finishing To The Moon.

The story was absolutely great, as were the characters. Most of this has all been said before, so if you could just imagine for a second that I've already written all the standard praise of the game I'll get right onto the specifics.

First of all, something I noticed was that you actually managed to use body language in the game. (Such as River's eyes looking away instead of forward.) This has a profound effect, and isn't something I've seen or thought of in the RMXP sprite media.

Second of all, the story and the characters are utterly gripping. I planned on going to sleep hours ago, but ended up having to finish the whole thing in one sitting. I like the pill addiction development as well, and hope the series continues with the same scientists. I actually laughed when Eva slapped Neil's arm away in the rocket scene. I am hoping to learn more about the characters in future installments. As of now, I do think that Neil's silly schtick unfortunately defines him a bit too much (but definitely should NOT go away!) I found it very compelling when he took the stand to not delete the memories. The main characters, however, to me, are Johnny and River, not the two scientists.

At first, I found the whole idea of memory modification to be very reasonable. "Oh yeah! Change someone's memories so they think they lived their dream life!" But in practice, I found the idea of it utterly revolting. Upon actually living through the man's life, I realized the preciousness of the reality. If you change his memories into dreams... Well it's all worthless. When I wake up from a dream where I did something amazing, the effect is not very strong. Essentially, these characters have forced this man to have slept through his entire life. If I was a scientist here, I would have to quit. I don't think I'd ever be able to actually make the changes and not be wracked with guilt.

Finally, I don't think the gameplay was very good. This is more than made up for with the gripping story and characters (as mentioned prior.) None of the box flipping puzzles were very challenging. Furthermore, the "hunt for memory pieces" game wasn't very fun. I don't think you should remove the gameplay however, but give us more to learn during the hunt. Generally I didn't feel like I was learning very much during the hunt, but rather I was just trying to find what objects to click on in order to get the next cutscene to start.

Preferably, I would reveal clues from the environment. Using these clues I would figure out some action that I need to do in order to progress the story. This would be much more engaging than simply "click on all the things, click on the bubble thing." It would also let me start feeling like I was actually actively engaged in the act of being a memory scientist.