Author Topic: Black screen and music on startup  (Read 2745 times)

Bent Wooden Spoon

• Tier 1
Black screen and music on startup
« on: December 13, 2011, 04:29:24 AM »
I'm using a GTX580 (latest non-beta drivers), Win 7 x64 and a resolution of 1920x1080. Whenever I try and start the game I get a black screen with the music playing in the background. I'm unable to use alt+tab or ctrl+shift+esc to switch back to windows, I can only use ctrl+alt+del and start the task manager that way to kill the programme.

Not sure if the game's written using AGS or not, but I have the exact same problem with any games using it. In those games it's somehow caused by using hq3x or 3x nearest neighbour - I set it to 2x and they work fine. I can also get the game to run if I change my desktop to a 4:3 resolution, but then everything looks awful.

Unfortunately there's no settings menu for To The Moon, and I couldn't see any relevant settings in the .ini files. If anyone can offer me any solutions they'd plaster a big grin all over my face, I'd really like to play this.

EDIT: Fixed it.

Problem was due to connecting to my Samsung monitor using HDMI and having the scaling option's in Nvidia's control panel set to use the monitor. Changed it so the GPU does the scaling and now it works.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 01:59:22 PM by Bent Wooden Spoon »

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Black screen and music on startup
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 03:19:12 PM »
Ah, glad it got resolved Spoon! And thanks for updating with the solution; hopefully it'll be of some help to others who might come across the same thing. :)