Author Topic: How does purchasing a copy work?  (Read 2799 times)

matrix121391

• Tier 2
How does purchasing a copy work?
« on: December 11, 2011, 05:17:35 AM »
Is there an install limit? I'm curious because I have a desktop and a laptop and if possible, would like to have the game on both so I can switch between them when I want to play either at home or out and about.

Question Mark

• 疑問符の人
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
Re: How does purchasing a copy work?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 05:29:01 AM »
I think there's no install limit. The only security measure/DRM of the game is the need for a serial number once you install it.

matrix121391

• Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 05:30:58 AM »
Thanks for that informative response! Another question comes to mind though: what's to stop someone from just giving out his or her serial to the public so that anyone may have access to the full version?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 05:33:05 AM by matrix121391 »

Judedeath

• ~Insert Japanese things here~
  • Tier 7
  • JOHN-PEE-AIR!
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 05:33:07 AM »
There's nothing to other than trust.

And them having to have their pc turned on.
Old River was as dead as a doornail, this must be distinctly understood or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am about to relate.

matrix121391

• Tier 2
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 05:35:25 AM »
Well, there's nothing I respect more than a developer who trusts his customers. It may be a double edged sword, but it's certainly a practice I admire. I will be purchasing this gem right this instance. Thanks for answering my questions!

EDIT: Oh, one more thing though! There isn't a soundtrack and game combo pack, is there? It'd be nice to have the option of purchasing both for a discounted price. If not, I'll probably end up picking both up anyway.

EDIT 2: So I've purchased the game, but haven't gotten the serial. Is this something I should be concerned about or is the delay a common thing?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 05:48:52 AM by matrix121391 »

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 07:19:21 AM »
I don't know if a delay is normal (maybe depending on the way you pay?), but if you don't receive a key, then Reives will resend it you.
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

Question Mark

• 疑問符の人
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 09:32:37 AM »
Thanks for that informative response! Another question comes to mind though: what's to stop someone from just giving out his or her serial to the public so that anyone may have access to the full version?
Nothing, really. But Reives wouldn't want to strangle paying customers over a losing battle against piracy.

Well, there's nothing I respect more than a developer who trusts his customers. It may be a double edged sword, but it's certainly a practice I admire. I will be purchasing this gem right this instance. Thanks for answering my questions!

EDIT: Oh, one more thing though! There isn't a soundtrack and game combo pack, is there? It'd be nice to have the option of purchasing both for a discounted price. If not, I'll probably end up picking both up anyway.

EDIT 2: So I've purchased the game, but haven't gotten the serial. Is this something I should be concerned about or is the delay a common thing?
The game + OST pack does sound like a good idea. Not sure about you, but there was quite a fuss several weeks ago about Plimus failing to hand out serial numbers to customers (on this title). Reives had to step in lol. He'll likely see this thread and get your problem resolved. :fezesarecool:

matrix121391

• Tier 2
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 04:46:32 PM »
I finally got my serial via direct e-mail from Reives. I am looking forward to playing through the game later today!