Author Topic: Thanks so much for an amazing game  (Read 2230 times)

Monroe

• Tier 2
Thanks so much for an amazing game
« on: December 03, 2011, 06:44:52 AM »
Hey everyone, and hey Kan.

I'll start by being perfectly honest here; I read Eurogamer's TtM review, pirated it, played it, almost cried by the end, and inmediately went buy it.

In my defense, about the pirating part, I'll just say I run a little family with only one employed member and a very tight budget. After playing such an incredible game I inmediately felt horrible and needed to make things right again. I'll cut on cheese for the rest of the month or something  :vikonsmile:

So. Incredible game, sir. In my eighteen years of gaming, no game has ever made me feel quite like To The Moon. Some others have of course moved me, but in other ways. I remember the deep sadness of Aeris' death. I remember the sense of connection between BG&E's Jade and myself. I remember how desperate I felt at the end of Braid. But TtM is different. I really can't explain. It's like every game out there just proved how incapable it has always been of speaking to me.

In terms of emotions, where Gears of War is Justin Bieber and Metal Gear tries and fails  to be Chopin, To The Moon simply succeeds at being Eva Cassidy. Simple, honest, intimate, tragic and touching.

But screw the zombi part.

It really just became one of my favourite games ever, so thanks all involved.

As many others, I intend to translate it to my mother language so the rest of my family can experience this incredible journey, already started with the clean dialog file actually. But I read I need the original, unencrypted version of the game to correcctly test my work with DreaMaker? Should I PM Kan or...?

Thanks all for reading!

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Thanks so much for an amazing game
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 07:06:39 AM »
Welcome to Freebirdia!

I have no problem with people on low budget pirating things and only supporting those who they think they are worth it, I think thats fine. (just pirating everything and supporting nothing is lame).

What's your mother language? Maybe there are already people trying to translate and the text is aviable at googledocs or something like that.
If there arent any yet:
For an unencrypted version you will have to contact Kan, that version is necessary to import/export with Dreamaker I think.

Enjoy your stay~
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 12:42:32 PM by Thunderbird »
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

Monroe

• Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 07:48:32 AM »
Heya Thunderbird :)

Yes, I'm actually a spaniard and there's a spanish project. It just seems to be a little stagnated.

I'll PM Kan and see what we can arrange. Thanks!!

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 12:33:11 PM »
Welcome, Monroe! Nice to meet you, and glad you like the game. I like the music analogy, too :P

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 07:12:11 PM »
Heya Monroe, welcome to ya. :) And thanks for purchasing the game afterwards, I really appreciate it -- I was actually planning to release a functional pirate version at one point myself at one point for similar purpose, but ran out of time.

And hah, yeah, sorry about the zombies. :p

thenameless288

• Tier 1
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 04:41:42 AM »
First, thank you, Freebird.

I'm not gonna post another thanks topic, 'cause what I want to say is exactly like you,Monroe  :), especially Aeris and Zombie parts.

From Vietnam.

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 02:39:45 PM »
Hiya, Nameless! Welcome to freebirds! :D

mskemp85

• Tier 2
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 07:36:48 AM »
Thought I would reply to this post rather than start my own, but once again just have to say thank you for an amazing game.

Truely the most touching video game story ever written, am telling anyone who will listen to go out and buy it!