Author Topic: Interim  (Read 12865 times)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Interim
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2009, 09:12:12 PM »
You've certainly been improving a lot, Luna. :reivsmile: Love how they have a sense of depth. The colour combos are very pleasant as well.

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2009, 09:21:55 PM »
It reminds me of a game I played called 'Sigma Star.' It had sprites kind of like that. It was an RPG, except the battles were like those old side-scrolling games where you're in a spaceship and shoot stuff (I have no idea what i'm trying to say, sorry)

Lunarea

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2009, 12:58:30 AM »
@ Reives:
Thank you! I've been working on my spriting and I'm glad it's showing improvement.  :seraismile:

@ Vasha:
Hrm, I've never heard of it, sorry! I didn't base the template on anything I've seen before, though, so any similarity is purely accidental  :vikonsmile:

Lotus

• Tier 4
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2009, 02:49:43 AM »
Wow the graphics in this is really pretty!! Good job with the sprites! :seraismile:

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2009, 09:48:19 PM »
@Lunarea: It's probably just the fact that you have big animators, but whatever.

Lunarea

• Tier 5
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2009, 10:22:19 PM »
@Lotus:
Thank you very much! :)

@Vasha:
Animators? Not sure what that is, unless you mean sprites ... They're taller than the RTP sprite, but they're also leaner and a tad shorter than HK. Since I'm used to big templates like HK, they kinda seem small to me  ;D

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2009, 10:06:55 AM »
Yeah, woops. Why did I say animators? Maybe i meant animations, but yeah, I meant sprites. The taller ones I think work nice (if you get them to not clip off weirdly at all, I think you had a problem with that last release).

Lunarea

• Tier 5
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2009, 11:03:04 AM »
Yeah, that was an issue with the Z-axis and the priorities when I had first switched to HK (the head would poke through when walking under things with a priority of 2). I've fixed that up a short while after and figured out a better way to map. So, it shouldn't be an issue in the future releases  :gothat!:

KRoP

• Tier 5
  • lol quintessence
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2009, 12:02:18 PM »
  Bigger sprites often are consequently less smooth in movement; does this sprite template have more than four movement frames to compensate?
I recently discovered that I was capable of sending coins to myself, and exploiting this is surprisingly entertaining.

Lunarea

• Tier 5
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2009, 12:24:50 PM »
No, I've only got 4 frames. However, due to the proportions of the template (tall with slender limbs), the simplicity of the 4 frames works alright. At least it does to me  XD

If it does look wrong to others, I will consider finding a script for more movement frames and take it from there :)

xkazumix3

• Tier 3
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2010, 10:03:22 PM »
Your game looks good, i will think of giving it a try. Btw, its the first time i saw someone actually using latale characters in their games.  :) and also, is the hair of the girl with blue hair(the rtp sprite in ur banner) referenced from Ragnarok?? if so, can you teach me how to sprite the hair? cuz ive been trying to sprite RO hairstyles onto rtp sprites. :seraismile:

Lunarea

• Tier 5
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »
Eep, it's been a very long time since I've actively done a lot for this project - though I haven't abandoned it. It's one of those really ambitious first projects that I don't think I would've handled quite so well with the little experience I had. I'm still working on it, though sporadically and I will update the thread as soon as I have something concrete to update it with.

To answer your question, yeah the hair was referenced from Ragnarok. It was one of my early spriting attempts  :-\
I don't recall it being anything different than just general spriting, though. You can probably figure it out easily enough if you follow a hair spriting tutorial. :)

xkazumix3

• Tier 3
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2010, 01:04:54 AM »
Oh, i see. Still, it is awsome how you are able to bring out the RO hair onto RTP sprites cuz when i try to do it myself, i was unable to get the proportions right since the RO heads are so BIG!  O_O