Author Topic: My Biggest Complaint With This Game  (Read 2113 times)

Monkey

• Tier 2
My Biggest Complaint With This Game
« on: November 25, 2011, 12:35:00 AM »
I went to the website www.freebirdgames.com to check out To The Moon and to see if I should buy it or not. The website has a picture of a space shuttle and another one of two people watching the space shuttle take off. All throughout the game I'm like, there's going to be a space shuttle scene. So when it got nearer to the end I keep thinking, where's the space ship scene, I know he's going to make it. I think they should remove those SPOILERS!!!! image on the FRONT PAGE. Still, in the end, it's a good story. Felt like reading a good interactive book.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: My Biggest Complaint With This Game
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 01:28:14 AM »
Heya Monkey. Hm, yeah, that's true. At the time I was a torn between putting it up or not due to the spoiler too. I ended up doing so because it seemed like a decent hook, and a potentially attention-saver since it gives some of the players who are less than enthusiastic about the initial common-life scenarios something to look forward to. And since it's a fairly bottom-heavy game with a lot of the merits at the end rather than middle/beginning, I kinda felt like it'd be best to go all out to try to ensure people give it a try 'til the end to see "everything".

Hopefully the spoiler effect isn't all negative, though, since the game isn't really about getting on that shuttle to go to the moon, but the process of getting there and what it meant. Besides, even in the game, you see the chronological "ending" before anything else anyway, heheh.

Monkey

• Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 01:34:58 AM »
The piano score alone is merit enough for a buy. It's just personal opinion here but I think if I had not seen a space ship anywhere and when John was talking to River about the Moon, I thought going to the Moon would be a metaphor. Then to see the final piece of the cake of them flying, I would have been balling my eyes out.

Because honestly, even to the end, I thought John wouldn't be able to go to the moon because of River. I thought he would have to choose between the moon or River and in the end choose River. I kept thinking it's going to end in a tragedy.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 01:42:15 AM by Monkey »

dudebro

• Tier 2
    • gordon tian design
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 04:40:34 AM »
>The journey is no less important than the end

or whatever, i probably botched it