Author Topic: A Masterpiece of Beautiful Art  (Read 1643 times)

jp0249107

• Tier 2
A Masterpiece of Beautiful Art
« on: November 06, 2011, 09:26:40 PM »
I just have to say...what an amazing experience the hours I spent on this game have been.

I sat down on the couch with my wife and we booted up my laptop just like we used to when we were dating in college and couldn't find a TV that was open. I think that was half the reason I cried so much haha. Everything from the dialogue to the music was perfect! There were a couple of times we just sat there crying at the sad/happy moments that came our way. There hasn't been a single movie that has touched me like this game has (other than The Road...but that was just depressing).

I've got a blog that I write for a convergence media in society class I'm taking for my degree and it deals with censorship in society and sometimes in videogames. This game will be the topic of one of my posts and is a shining example of why games are just as important to society as music, books, and movies. If ever there was an example to show a Jack Thompson-esque anti-videogame person, this is it.

So to Mr. Gao I say congratulations on your amazing achievements. You succeeded in making an experience that will stick in my mind for as long as I live. My wife and I are looking forward to more adventures with Dr. Watts and Dr. Rosalene. Congrats to everyone at Freebird Games! God bless and good luck on your future endeavors! 

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: A Masterpiece of Beautiful Art
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 10:18:40 PM »
I'm honored that the game moved you and your wife, jp. And not that it's something the game itself takes credit for, but it's always nice and cozy when something brings you back - sounded you two had some lovely times there.
I'll give it my best to keep up the quality for the rest of the series. :plat: